chapter 8

The young Ren who introduced herself as beleoti received a soft pat on the head from the duke while finna who watch it found it adorable causing her to giggle.

Those who watch such a beautiful scene smiled as well even though they couldn't understand their Master's behavior.

---
"it's true! The duke came home with a woman and a child." the maids who were chatting in the middle of their work said.

"he is holding the child in his arms, you know." the horse cleaner said with his fellow servant.

"But well that child...they said she has black hair," one of the maids said.

"But does the duke has a woman?"

"There's no way he doesn't and he came with a woman."

"oh yeah, I know her. She's a well-known beauty in society"

"she's Lady Pendragon and I heard she already tame a dragon"

"the duke is scary," a maid said

"but the lady is not scary at all" one of the maids continued.

"Hello! How are you guys do you have any difficulty with your work? If you're troubled in your work you can come to me I'll help you"
The lady who has an ice-colored but smooth butter haired said.

"my lady, how could we?"
Connie replied

"oh! Don't worry about it I'm good at housework" the lady said reassuring the maid.

Connie the maid remembered her conversation with the nice lady.

"she's warm-hearted despite being scary and in a serious mood," Connie said making the other maid agree with her

"But she's so pretty" the maid with a red as rose hair said

"every noble lady's were pretty"
The maid with blue hair said

"well not as much as her don't you think?" the red-haired added.

"Anyway, lady Ren is..."

Rumor's started to spread in the whole mansion that the duke brought his kid and fiancee.

---
Duke's office...

The head butler was standing in front of the duke and beside her was a head knight of the Duke's mansion.

"What are you doing your grace!? You take them just for that reason?" the head butler yelled at the duke.

The raven-haired stood up from his seat and walk to his office window watching her fiancee and child who happily played in the snow.

"This is too irresponsible! Have you thought of the child's perspective at all?" the head butler continued as the duke just ignored her.

Unknown the man smiled at the sight of the blue-haired woman who was twirling at the snow

"...a child is not a pet"

The duke who was smiling snapped at his thought and turn to the butler with a serious expression

"but Duke are you sure that she's not your daughter with Lady pendragon?"
The knight who had a scar on his face asked while patting the butler's back to calm her down

"I don't like repeating myself."
The duke said

Then the knight who asks a question falls into thought.

"First her black hair"

Black hair
Only those on the ballot have that hair color...

A child was suddenly adopted by the beleoti family.

And she has a black hair

Rumors will spread including speculations
That she's The duke and Lady finna's daughter.

If that happens Lady Finna's image will worsen.
The fact that she's only nineteen and already has a seven-year-old child with her fiancee.

"first stop asking questions left and right," the duke said

"so what are you planning?" the butler whom scold him ask bowing her head slightly

"What do you mean? I'll Marry her and raise the child..."

---
Woah thank you for reading and waiting!

told yah promise's meant to be broken~
Sorry for not updating for weeks I just need to focus on my class