Insomnia-matt

"Hey Y/N, come in" said Nick at his front door with his hand on the back of the door keeping it open.

   Nick asked me to come over to hangout and maybe even sleepover, he said that we could bake some cookies and maybe even watch a couple movies with Matt and Chris and of course I said yes, I don't so no to hanging out with them very frequently, only when I'm hangout with family or other friends, which is very minimal.

   While I was walking into the kitchen I see Matt sitting on the kitchen bar stool with dark eye bags and his cheek in his palm, he's hunched over the kitchen island. I knit my brows together in confusion at his sudden state.

   "Hey Matt" I said coming up behind him rubbing his back in Circular motions.

   "Hey Y/N" he said with his eyes glued to his phone not looking back at me.

   "Me and nick might bake some stuff do you wanna help us" I said still by his side but stopped rubbing his back.

   "Yeah sure" he said moving his eyes from his phone to me smiling. My brows fall, my body relaxes as he smiles at me. But in the back of my mind I know there's something definitely wrong with Matt, he honestly looks exhausted, but maybe he just didn't have a good sleep last night. But if I'm being honest i've never seen those kind of eyebags in my life.

   I walked around to the other side of the island taking out any pots and pans that we need while nick gets the oil and eggs.

   Once we got everything me Chris and Nick were all standing in the kitchen looking at the ingredients
"Did we miss anything?" I said looking down at the island.

   "No I think we're good" said Chris

   "Ok, Matt can you pass me the oil" I said turned so my back was facing Matt, but I got no response.

   "Matt?" I said finally turning around.

   But all I saw was Matt's face on the marble counter with his phone still in his hand.I walked around to the other side of the island looking down at the brown haired boy.

    "When was the last time Matt slept?" I asked peeling my eyes away from Matt and looking back at the other two brothers.

   "I don't know, he said he hasn't slept in days" Chris shrugs, his attention to the cake batter in front of him.

   "Huh, That's weird. He's been here all week right?he wasn't out or anything" I said.

   "No he would even take us on drives" said Nick answers, setting the glass pan in front of Chris.

   "I'm gonna take him to bed" I said looking down at him.

   "Yeah I think that's for the best" Chris said at nicks side I slowly started rubbing Matt's back.

   "Hey Matt let's get you to bed" I said, rubbing his back slightly, so not to startle him awake. Matt groaned and slowly lifted his head, I grabbed his hand and led him up the stairs with him not far behind

   "What's wrong?" I asked him looking at him before entering his bedroom.

   "I can't fall asleep" said Matt with a sleepy voice. I sigh at his words.

   "And why's that?" I ask him in a calm tone. He shrugs.

   "My body physically won't let me," He tells me. "All I want to do is sleep. Why can't I sleep?" He rants.

   "Matt I think you have insomnia." I tell him.

   "Yeah" Matt said rubbing his eyes I opened Matt's bedroom door and led him in side, Matt slowly slid into his bed pulling the covers over top of him.

   "Lay with me" said Matt moving over.

   "Ok" I said moving into the bed laying my head against the wall. Once I was in the bed Matt slowly moved closer to me and laid his head on my chest, I moved my hand and started playing with his hair.

   "Thank you" Matt said slowly drifting to sleep. And before I knew it I could hear Matt's soft snoring in my ear.