𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏|| 𝑶𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒊𝒔

Rubaab had an intrinsic love for culinary experimentation, particularly with junk food, and it consistently turned out well. Her innocent anticipation for Arsalan's reaction always accompanied her culinary ventures. However, her latest creation left Arsalan's face resembling a tomato after just one bite. He yelped, fanned his mouth, and promptly reached for the water she had brought.

Gazing at the plate, he opened the water bottle and downed its entirety, yet he continued to hiss. Rubaab, wide-eyed and guilty without reason, pondered if the spaghetti was genuinely bad.

"Rubaab...ya Allah larki kya dala hai isme? itni mirchi??" Arsalan exclaimed while sipping water. Rubaab shook her head in denial, certain it wasn't that bad. Nevertheless, she sought confirmation.

(Oh rubaab, what did you put in it)

"Such mai?" She took a forkful of spaghetti in her own state. Arsalan's eyes widened witnessing the quantity, but before he could intervene, she ate it and, like him, shouted. Arsalan quickly provided water, caressing her back.

(Really)

"Ya Allah tallah nahi! Maine suchi mai itni mirchi nahi dali!" she insisted to Arsalan, who nodded in agreement. "Koi bat nahi Rubaab...kabhi kabhar hota hai," he tried to console her. Her tears fell, leaving him unsure if they stemmed from embarrassment or spiciness.

(No, I really didn't add this much spice)
(Its okay, it happenes)

She shook her head and pouted. "Nahi, such mai!! Maine taste kia tha!! Itna mirchi nahi tha, maine kia tha." She cried, and he held her in his arms. Her heart vehemently rejected the idea that she had made such a mistake. It was inconceivable; she had tasted the food!

(No I really tasted it and it was fine)

Once again, his heart ached seeing his wife in tears. He knew she was sensitive, yet his heart couldn't bear seeing her cry so easily. Rubaab, with her timid personality, stirred a conflict within him. How was she supposed to navigate this life? She was Arsalan's wife; she should have a bit more resilience.

Arsalan was taken aback by her emotional response. Was she crying over this too? "It's okay meri jaan!" he reassured her, but she wasn't stopping. Suddenly, a thought struck him, and he inquired, "Rubaab...kitchen mai kon kon tha tumhare sath?" She mentioned it was her and Sana. Arsalan was certain about one thing, but Sana? No! She would never do it!

(Who was with you in the kitchen?)

"Ap... ye bana kar kahin bahir gain thi...taste karne kai bad?" This time, she shared about her getting ready. He clenched his fists and hugged her tightly. "Chalo aik kam karte hain... We can go to your favorite restaurant and eat lunch there... But for this, you'll have to stop crying..." This was the only option to cease her tears. Waiting until they got home seemed challenging for him.

(Did you went out after making it?)
(Okay lets do one thing)

Rubaab brightened up instantly at the mention of a restaurant. She wiped away her tears. "Okra chalenge!" He chuckled at her demand and nodded. Excitedly, she stood up, momentarily forgetting the incident.

(Lets go to okra)

"Jao washroom karib mai hai... You can get fresh phir chalte hain!" She nodded and went away, her heart now at peace. Food!!!

(Go, washroom is near)

Arsalan took out his phone and made a call. After 3 or 4 rings, his mother answered. "Mama... Anabia phuppo ghar hain?" he inquired but learned she hadn't been home since yesterday, staying with one of her in-laws as they remained close friends.

(Mama, is anabia phuppo here)

Now, his suspicions were clear. It was Aliya who had done it! Despite him telling her to stay away from his wife, she continued to trouble her. Suddenly, flashbacks of Rubaab's belongings mysteriously disappearing and her college uniform burning started flooding his mind.