𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝑺𝒊𝒙 || 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘

It had been a week since Rimsha's rukhsati. Something surprising happened on that day, as Karim Shah had decided never to mingle with his brother's family. He was keeping the promise and didn't go there to inform them about it. It was both of his sons who handled the matter. Maybe it had an impact on Adil, as on that day, he came in front of Karim Shah, demanding that after the rukhsati, Ali and Rimsha would stay with them on their floor.

In reality, it was Saima who suggested this change. It was never a tradition to let maids cook food. The married women of the home liked to take care of their husband's needs. Saima was now tired of making desired food for her husband and children. She thought that even if she didn't like her bahu, what was the point of marrying your sons if their wives weren't being utilized by you? Typical saas thoughts she had!

So, Adil, thinking that his wife had accepted his bahu and son back, went and told them to shift after the rukhsati. Now, after the rukhsati, it was the first day of Rimsha in her susral as she no longer lived with her parents. Her and Ali's relationship was all that mattered to her. They promised, or more like made a deal, that they would stay within their limits and not be physically close until the rukhsati. Yesterday night, they had taken a new step in their marital life that mattered the most.

Intimacy is something common between two married couples, even on the first day. It's a tradition that is often followed. Ali was a sweetheart for waiting, as not everyone is as gentle as him or his cousins. However, after waking up, when Rimsha went outside, she didn't expect her mother-in-law to demand her to make breakfast.

She didn't complain, neither to her nor to her husband. They already had enough problems in their lives. Rimsha knew how to handle the situation living in a toxic family. Even though she wanted to ask her mother, she decided she would take care of the situation herself. She was no longer the little Rimsha who would run back to mama after every problem. She may or may not have wanted to deal with Saima herself, but if Saima thought she was a kid, then Rimsha had to show the training her phuppo had instilled in her!
______

Arsalan observed Rubaab's behavior after Anabia's death – quiet and lost in thoughts. He didn't dwell on it, assuming she needed time, having experienced two deaths within such a short period. Rubaab had started acting like a wife, not intimately, but taking care of household chores and occasionally sleeping in his arms.

However, her sudden change back to her pre-marriage self concerned him. He sensed something was bothering her but had no idea what it was. Arsalan decided to talk to her, but she proved to be stubborn. He found himself sitting on her bed, her arms in his large hand, trying to get her to open up.

"Now you are being unreasonable too. Tell me why you don't want to talk," he pressed, suppressing his anger. Rubaab continued to shake her head, refusing to speak. Arsalan, feeling exasperated, warned, "I swear, Rubaab, if you don't tell me, then... then I'll have to spank it outta you!" His bold statement had an impact on her, making her go numb, but she whined, "No... I don't wanna talk."

Despite her protests, Arsalan held firm. "Rubaab!!" he warned again. Eventually, she relented, with the condition that he wouldn't get angry. Arsalan agreed, and she hesitantly began to speak.

"Wo... When... mai... maii..." Arsalan interrupted, frustrated, "Kya, Rubaab? Bakri ho? Sedha bolo!" She pouted, offended at his tone. "No... Wo mujhe pata tha Alia aapi ka," she nervously confessed.

(Me..me)
(What me me, are you a goat?)
(I knew about alia api)

"Kya pata tha?" Arsalan asked, bewildered. "Unke ghar... Chhodke jane ka," she answered. "You knew??" His voice came out in disbelief. Rubaab nodded. Arsalan, shocked, asked, "Rubaab, did you really know where she was all the time... kabse?" She nodded again and muttered, "1 din pehle se."

(What?)
(About her eloping)
(For low long?)
(A day before)

Arsalan sighed, stood up, and ran his hands over his face in frustration. He felt betrayed, he never expected his wife to keep this from him, that too, this big!. "I'm so sorry," Rubaab squeaked. Turning around, Arsalan glared at her, his eyes cold and burning. Anger clouded his eyes, he couldn't control his yell at her, for the first time"Shut up, Rubaab. Just shut up. Do you even know what you did?" he questioned, anger evident in his voice.

Grabbing her arm tightly, Arsalan couldn't contain his frustration over her thoughtlessness. "Rubaab, you ruined my brother's life. Do you know?" He raised his voice, making her flinch, rubaab, seeing him angry on her, couldn't keep her tears at bay as they flooded like a waterfall from her eyes. Her heart was hurt! Despite seeing her crying, Arsalan continued, "If only you had told me. If only... why didn't you?" She mumbled a shivering apology.

Frustrated and angry, Arsalan found her crying irritating, a feeling he never expected, she was his wife he loves dearly but her thoughtfulness had him overlooking everything "Stop with your crying, Rubaab. You and Alia have done it, and now you are not going to get anyone's pity!" Rubaab, still sobbing, shouted back, "I didn't do anything, Alia did!"

Arsalan retaliated, "You helped her. She ruined my brother's life, and that killed her mother!" He regretted saying those words, knowing they were harsh. He gave her a disdainful look and left the room. Turning back, he said, "You disappointed me so much today, Rubaab. You are still a kid." Calling her a kid was not right, but anger was clouding his judgment.

Rubaab stared at the door where he exited, feeling breathless. His words stung, but what hurt more was that she had disappointed him, her savior. She broke down, regretting helping Alia, even though it brought her back to Faizan. The bullet Alia fired had successfully grazed Rubaab's life.