Chapter Sixty-five

I slowly placed my stuff back inside my bag while watching Lauren do the same thing

I slowly placed my stuff back inside my bag while watching Lauren do the same thing. I've been contemplating going up to her and apologizing, and maybe try to talk to her about having a conversation to hear me out about the note she found in my drawer.

When I have completely decided on walking up to her, she immediately left the classroom. I sighed in defeat as I walked over to Lee and smacked the back of his head, instead.

"The fuck?!" Lee touches the back of his head. When he saw that it was me who smacked him, he plastered a smile on his face. I rolled my eyes as he swings his arm on my shoulder.

I look at him, "You should know how to shut your mouth about sensitive things that you're not involved in," I told him as he chuckled, still apologizing about what happened earlier. "And since when do you attend Ms. Romeo's class?"

"I needed some earn extra credit for failing her exams twice if I want to graduate this year," Lee says as I nodded my head.

We continue to walk in silence until he nudges me with his elbow.

"What?"

"Are you two having problems?"

I look at him, raising an eyebrow as he wiggles his at me, "What do you mean?"

"You guys don't seem to be talking or spending time together," He says as he pulls away from me, "Because, as weird as it is for me to complain, you've been spending your time with me instead of her, like you usually do. And it's been a week!"

Lee knew that we were already dating but, I don't know if Lauren and I are still together after what happened last week at my house. I didn't want her to find out about it that way, but I guess, the truth always resurfaces, one way or the other, even if I prolong it or not.

And I thought giving her some time and space is what she needs before I try and talk to her again.

"It's my fault. I didn't mean for it to happen," I told him as I stare at my feet, not until I heard him gasp dramatically that I lift my head to look at him.

He forcefully turned me to face him entirely by placing his hand on my shoulder and twisting it, "You cheated on her?! Damn, didn't know you're the cheating type."

Lee shakes his head as I lightly push him on his shoulder, "I didn't cheat on her, you dumbass," I told him as he laughs at me, "I'm not like my father."

I muttered the last part to myself as he continues to laugh, "You're so serious, it doesn't suit you."

I rolled my eyes at him, "Whatever, dude."

"But seriously," Lee says as he placed his arm on my shoulder again, "What happened? What did you do?"

I look at him and plastered a teasing smile, "None of your business."

He surrenders both of his hands in the air as he did earlier inside the room, "Okay, I'm just trying to help," he says as he pats my shoulder. "But, dude, just some advice."