Chapter Thirteen

"I want to show you something," I whispered

Lauren stares at me, perplexed. Even though classes are about to begin in five minutes. The hallway is still crowded with students filling the atmosphere with their laughter and conversations. When the bell started ringing, we watch as students rush to their classes, leaving Lauren, me, and a few other students left in the hallway.

I hold onto her wrist, and she beams at me.

"Okay, sure," she says, "I'm hoping I don't get murdered."

I laugh at her answer as we both sprint to the library before anyone would see us.

As soon as we reached the library, I pulled the doors open. The smell of books engulfed us. I turn to my side to look at Lauren; watching her as she strains her neck against the walls, the place filled with endless bookshelves.

"I haven't been here for such a long time. I didn't know they redecorated the place and added some more bookshelves," she says in awe as she ignores eye contact. I smile at the sight of her being in awe as I continue to head towards the back of the library.

I finally let go of her arm. I continue walking as I dig into my bag for a key.

"I remember you said you liked watching your mom paint," I say as I continue to walk ahead, leading her to where the spot was, "Then I thought maybe you like seeing artworks as well."

"Don't tell me you've found a video of my mom painting?" She asks, "Because that would be so creepy."

I laugh as I shake my head.

"How is that creepy?" I asked.

"People watching people paint."

I stopped walking to turn at her, "So, you're calling yourself 'creepy'?" I speak. I watch as her eyes widen, making me snicker.

Her cheeks began to flush, "T-That's not what I meant—"

"It's okay," I say as she rolls her eyes at me.

By the time we reached the end of the library where self-published memoirs and inappropriate fiction novels are shelved. I once saw a student reading Fifty Shades of Grey in the library's reading section.

Ms. Jensen, the librarian, caught the student, and ever since then, she and I gathered and separated all of the inappropriate books. I assisted her in stacking the shelves of certain types of novels here in the back, where students are less likely to go since there isn't much light source nearby for them to enjoy reading.

I took my phone out and turned the flashlight on.

"Prepare to be amazed," I say to her as I push the only sliding shelf, revealing a door behind it. I put the key in the keyhole, twist it, and it finally unlocks.

The door itself had no handle, which made it seem difficult at first sight. However, the only door handle available is on the back of the door. The goal is to keep this location secret. The only explanation for the lack of a door handle is to prevent students from barging anytime they want if ever they do discover this location.