x. goodbyes

anya sat anxiously in her living room, rearranging the snack bowls on the table once again for the 100th time. she was leaving for tour in two days, and had to fly out to LA to meet with olivia tomorrow morning. she invited all her friends over the day before for a going away party, and she wasn't ready to say bye to any of them. not to mention she still hasn't spoken to chris, and figured this would be a good time for them to talk.

that was if he came.

she invited nick and matt, but didn't directly invite chris because he had blocked her on most socials besides instagram so fans wouldn't suspect something crazy. it broke her heart to wake up and not text him good morning, or lay down in bed and text him about what episode of shameless she was on, but it had to be this way.

it wasn't that she didn't feel anything for chris, because she definitely did, but she was conflicted. she didn't want to date him with how crazy his and her fans are, and she didn't want to ruin what they had with a relationship that was more than she could handle right now. she was going to be on tour for months, and she had no intention of doing long distance. not to mention that her mind was fixated on focusing on her music.

when chris told her how he felt, she was too in shock to explain anything to him, so she left him with exactly what she was thinking in that moment. oh.

anya practically jumped when she heard the first knock at the door, and she got up before walking over to the door and pulling it open, immediately being pulled into a tight hug by her red haired best friend raven. it felt amazing to hug raven, anya had missed that feeling, so they stayed like that as kalia walked up the steps.

"hey, where's my hug?" kalia said playfully before being pulled into group hug. the girls stayed like that for a few minutes before walking inside and sitting on the couch. kalia sat down on raven's lap and they watched as anya rearranged the snack bowls nervously.

"hey.. he's gonna be here." raven said reassuringly. but that didn't make anya feel any better since she didn't know if she really wanted him to be here or not. she didn't know if she was ready to talk about it with him.

"yeah i guess." anya said before flinching when she heard another knock at the door. taking a deep breath first, anya walked over to the door and pulled it open, madi, nick, matt, and matt's girlfriend angelica standing before her.

anya's face dropped when she didn't see chris, but she forced a smile over her face before welcoming them in, giving them hugs all hugs. nick was the last one to come in, and held anya's hands in his. "we tried to get him to come ny, i promise we tried. he's just not ready.." nick said quietly as the friends in the living room began intermingling.

forcing a smile, anya just nodded. "it's okay.. i get it. let's just have fun."

nick nodded and they walked into the living room hand in hand. they blasted taylor swift through the speakers and everyone danced around and ate snacks and enjoyed the party. anya soon got trapped in the party, and finally let go of the sadness and enjoyed her going away party, never failing to glance over at the door every minute or two.

but chris never came. he stayed home in his bed, watching youtube and eating snacks.

authors note.
HI BAES. i know i don't usually do these kinds of things anymore, but i came on here to apologize for not having updated anything in a while. i also wanted to thank all of you for 2K READS ON THIS BOOK!! it literally makes me so happy and i'm so grateful for all of you. i love you all so much. mwah mwah mwah. enjoy this chapter ❤️❤️