xx. can i kiss you?

anya turned and shut the door behind her, looking over at chris who was looking everywhere at her. "chris what's going on-"

"please. please don't say anything. i just need to say everything i'm thinking. please." anya watched as the boy began pacing and nodded a little. "i really like you. i always have liked you. from the moment you played that song for me on your piano i knew i wanted to give you everything you wished for in that song. i wanted to watch you with me smiling and happy. when you said oh and ghosted me i was let down, and i needed something to focus on other than you. then aven came along and it was the perfect opportunity to help me move along, even if i was still in it with you." chris stopped to take a deep breath before looking directly at anya.

he slowly took a few steps closer to her, looking down at her now. "but i never got over you, anya. and aven knew that. that's why i was so upset when we went to your concert, and when you hung around the house, because even aven knew i was still in love with you. yeah, i'm in love with you. and i just can't watch you walk away anymore-"

"can i kiss you?" anya interrupted, making chris' eyes widen before the space between them quickly closed. it was a sweet, slow kiss, but it said every unsaid word they needed each other to hear. soon they were pulling away, holding each other close.

"i'm really happy it's you chris. i'm really happy i'm not people watching anymore." anya said, pulling him close to her and holding his waist as he rubbed her back gently.

"me too nya."

AYLA SPEAKS 💌
the last chapter 🥲. i have so much to say.
i want to say thank y'all so much for supporting
this book and loving chris and nya as much
as i do. this has been a lovely experience to
write them and see u guys fall in love with
them as much as i did. i can't even really believe
this is the last chapter of this book, and it's
still shocking to believe i finally finished it.
thank you so much, i love you all so so much.

that concludes 'daylight.'

STARTED: october 4th, 2022
FINISHED: may 7th, 2023