P R O L O G U E

Mum was serving dad rice when Nina leaned closer to me and whispered "Ahmed is so in love with you...just look at him, poor guy can't seem to be able to move his eyes from you"
This got me to choke on the roti I was having. Mum started patting my back and muttering for me to be careful while eating. After choking for a while I took a deep breath and noticed Nina was right. I looked up and saw Ahmed looking at me worried and mouthed 'you good?' I nodded and looked down so he doesn't see me blushing.

"So Aiden and Nina are together huh...What about you Ahmed? Do you have any girl in mind?" My dad asked him. This time it was his turn to choke on his food. Oh boy... it's gonna be a long dinner.

After Ahmed stopped choking, his face had this 'deer caught in sunlight' expression. It was so hard to control our laughs. He looked at dad dumbfounded. Then his face turned to a panic look before going back to normal. Jeez, I never saw him with so many expressions.

"Uh...I don't have a girlfriend but yeah I do have someone in my mind whom I would like to get married to one day... I just don't know if she feels the same way sir" he said looking at my face in end.

I felt a bit uneasy cause dad started looking at me too. So I shrugged as if saying 'don't look at me, I have no clue which girl he talking about'. At this both my parents started chucking and I heard mum saying something along with the lines 'oh my clueless baby'. I didn't think much of it. Cause yes I like him but if he liked me, he would have told me by now. And I know I'm supposed to be sad cause he likes someone else but I'm happy for him. He deserves happiness too. It just doesn't matter if it's with me or someone else.