Aftermath - The Alternate Ending

(TW: gore, blood, depression, self harm, mentions/depictions of suicide)

[Starts after Blaza gets unpossessed]

(Blaza PoV)

I scrambled to my feet and rushed to where Akik lay on the ground. Dayan didn't seem to care. He just sat there, staring at his half-dead friend on the ground.

I crouched down next to Akik, feeling his pulse. He was still alive... but barely. He breathed heavily, and his eyes were squeezed closed.

"Akik! Akik, I'm here!" I said, panic edging my tone. Akik blinked his eyes open slowly, and I could see the pain he felt in his gaze.

"B-Blaza? Is that you?" He stuttered, his voice barely audible.

"Yes, it's me! I'm here for you," I replied. Tears edged my vision.

"Blaza, you know I probably won't make it out of this," Akik muttered.

"No! No, don't talk like that, you will! You'll live!" I argued.

But deep down, I was losing hope. The light in his eyes were dimming, and I could tell he struggled to keep them open. Blood was also dripping from his mouth. His heavy breathing was shaky.

"Please," I pleaded, "I love you. Don't leave me."

"I don't want to," he said, "But I may not have a choice."

No.

No.

No, he'll live.

No, he won't die.

He won't die so long as I can help it.

"Come here," he whispered. I curled up in front of him, not caring that my hoodie got bloody in the puddle Akik laid in. His gaze flickered, darkening ever so slightly. Akik pulled me close, and lightly kissed my forehead.

"Don't leave me, Akik."

"It's okay, love."

No. It's not.

Don't die on me.

Akik gave a small cough. I could feel his heartbeat flutter weakly.

"Please. Don't leave me."

"I'm sorry, Blaza."

I clung onto him. "Please don't leave..."

"I love you."

"AKIK, PLEASE!"

He didn't reply. His hold fell limp.

Tears poured from my eyes as I buried my face in his chest. I hoped, longed, to feel his heart beating. For him to wake up and hug me, assure me that everything would be fine.

But he remained still.

No.

He can't be dead.

No.

Dayan was still staring at us, his expression void of... anything, really. Blood still splattered his face from when he had stabbed Akik.

But that didn't concern me.

Akik is dead.

No.

No.

No.

————

(Dayan PoV)

Is he...?

I didn't need to get closer to see the state Blaza was in. Which answered my question.