chapter ten

┏︎︎━︎━━︎━︎━︎✩︎✮︎✩︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎┓︎︎

ALWAYS & FOREVER

CHAPTER TENdecisions that change everything

CHAPTER TEN
decisions that change everything

┗︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━✩︎✮︎✩︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎┛︎

CARINA WAS SCARED. She had just admitted to James Potter that she returned his feelings. That she also loved him like he loved her.

Since their kiss before Yule, James didn't know what her exact feelings were towards him. But here she was standing at the top of the Astronomy tower, confessing her affection.

"Marry me."

She must have misheard him because there was no possible way that James Potter had just asked her to marry him. Not while her engagement was made public to the entire wizarding world. Not with the upcoming war and their families being on different sides.

"What?"

James took a step closer to her, taking her hand. James slowly pulled off her engagement ring, replacing it with the ring she had often seen that was hanging around his neck as he didn't like jewelry on his hands. It had been his signet ring.

With a soft smile on his face, James looked at her hand, "Well would you look at that. It fits perfectly."

Carina could only stare at her ring finger. It was the Potter family crest. James was giving her something so dear. Looking up at James, Carina could see what he never once took his eyes off her.

He could offer her the kind of love she wants dreamed about. Where her husband would be someone who also loved her as she did. The kind of love she had told herself since second year that would be impossible.

All she wanted was to love and James was that.

"Yes."

His eyes softened as he pulled her for a hug. James didn't say anything. He must have known that she had just made a difficult decision. By responding to his proposal, she would eventually have to be disowned by her family. She would have to leave her childhood home; leave Regulus.

That thought itself made her grip onto James even harder.

James could only hold Carina in his arms as he could only guess what she was thinking. Placing gentle kisses on her head, James just held her until dawn.