chapter six

︎︎┏︎︎━︎━━︎━︎━︎✩︎✮︎✩︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎┓︎︎

ALWAYS & FOREVER

CHAPTER SIXhow to piss off Sirius Black

CHAPTER SIX
how to piss off Sirius Black

┗︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━✩︎✮︎✩︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎┛︎

Every student at Hogwarts knew that the Black siblings didn't get along since the sorting hat had sorted them into different houses. However, they had never been so vocal about their dislike towards each other's house. It scared those who knew just how powerful the Black family was. They are ever known to be insane due to in-house breeding. However, the twins had kept a relatively low profile compared to their older brother, Gryffindor's resident troublemaker.

Sirius Black was deemed untouchable, as no one had ever successfully pranked a marauder. However, one morning during breakfast, everyone's jaw dropped when Sirius was notably shorter and sported green hair. Everyone in the great hall couldn't help but laugh and point at him. Sirius Black loved his hair yet there was no visible retribution from him. That's why everyone believes it had to be someone he couldn't pick a fight against.

The rest of the marauders had been surprised to see Sirius so different. The spells they used couldn't undo the charm used on him and he spent the whole day like that. At dinner, Sirius pointed at the Slytherin demanding the reversal of the charm. That's when everyone realized that Sirius was talking directly to his younger siblings. That's when Hogwarts found out about the war between the twins and their older brother.

The twins vs their older brother.

So far in the weeks leading up to Christmas, Sirius only managed to successfully prank his siblings a handful of times while they had gotten him every other day. Sirius had asked Remus and James for help but they had refused to get involved. James's reason was quite obvious; he wasn't going to prank the love of his life. While Remus didn't want to prank Carina who knew more than she let on about the marauders.

Regulus hated when Sirius and Carina fought. For the past couple of weeks, they had been pranking each other like crazy and he was caught in the crossfire. So far, Carina had been winning the sibling war. The two were more alike than either one liked to admit. Carina was almost as impulsive as Sirius was when it came to revenge. Ever since they left the library that day, Regulus knew that something was off. Carina was doing almost everything to make Sirius suffer. Regulus watched as Sirius and Carina got into arguments almost every time they crossed paths.

Regulus felt sorry for Sirius. Carina had become a very good example of a Slytherin princess and she knew how to make other people hurt in the worst way possible. Maybe the reason was because of the way they were raised. Regulus knew that Carina was about to do something idiotic and he had to make sure that she wasn't going to be in any danger.

James didn't understand how the fight between Sirius and Carina had escalated to a full-on pranking war. But Carina was pulling all the stops that the marauders didn't even realize how she was doing it. She had always managed to get Sirius whether he was alone or with them. The war between the siblings was very public that the Gryffindors and Slytherins were on even worse terms since the fight started. Both houses were taking jabs at each other causing both houses to lose a lot of points; well mostly Gryffindor. Slytherins were slippery snakes for a reason.

James wanted nothing more than for the pranks to stop. Even if he hated Slytherins, things were getting slightly out of hand. When the marauders did pranks it was to their own amusement but pranks between Sirius and Carina went from harmless to a visit to Madam Pomfrey.

Anyone caught in the crossfire got hurt. James didn't know how Regulus did it. His actions told him that it wasn't the first time Sirius and Carina had fought like this. Regulus seemed to know all the reversal spells to their hexes and even healed some small wounds of people who were unwanted victims of the pranks. It seemed like it was the first time James had truly seen what their sibling dynamic was. Sirius was reckless and impulsive, Carina was manipulative and cunning, and Regulus was observant and resourceful.

The siblings made up for each other's flaws. Regulus was a perfect image of Slytherin while Sirius was a bleeding Gryffindor. Carina was someone in the middle of a Gryffindor and Slytherin although she would deny it. The one thing they all had in common was the infamous Black temper.

Once that temper was unleashed, hell was brought down upon the earth. That's why Regulus had been trying his hardest to make sure that the fight didn't escalate between them. But now he was running after Carina. Sirius and she had just gotten into another argument an hour before and Regulus just knew what Carina was about to do. It was probably the most idiotic thing Carina was going to do in her entire life to date.

Regulus knew that she would regret it later.

The entrance of the Gryffindor common room had been open when Carina stepped inside. The marauders had been discussing their next prank when they saw Carina enter. Sirius was shocked to see his sister within the walls of the lion house. She shared the same sentiments as the rest of their family when it came to Gryffindor. He didn't ever expect her to see her in his common room.

Sirius jumped up from his seat, "Carina you can't do anything here. It's only you against Gryffindors."

Carina didn't spare Sirius a glance walking straight to James. James was flustered by her close proximity. He hadn't been this close to her in weeks since he saw her cry in the empty corridor. James look her in the eyes, and they held a gleam of mischief behind them. Just what was she going to do now? She had only been after Sirius, was she coming after the rest of the marauders now?

What James least expected was Carina pulling his tie and kissing him. To make things matters worse, Regulus had just walked into the Gryffindor common room after arguing with a Gryffindor to let him in.

"Bloody hell."

Sirius watched as his best mate and his baby sister continued to snog right in front of him, "Oi! You Bastard! That's my sister!"

Regulus was shocked as he watched everything unfold. Sirius leaped over Peter to tear James away from Carina. Sirius decked James who had the silliest smile on his face. Carina stood over them as Sirius tussled with James; Remus trying to pull Sirius away from James. James didn't even try to defend himself.

What the hell just happened?

NOTES
one thing to learn: never piss off Carina.
otherwise, she'll want to hurt you in any way she can.