chapter four

︎︎┏︎︎━︎━━︎━︎━︎✩︎✮︎✩︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎┓︎︎

ALWAYS & FOREVER

CHAPTER FOURslytherin house

CHAPTER FOUR
slytherin house

┗︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━✩︎✮︎✩︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎┛︎

AS EVERYONE cheered for the last first year being sorted into Hufflepuff, Carina looked at their new first years. Only seven first years were sorted into Slytherin; fewer than other years. They looked so scared. Carina understood that feeling all too well. The other houses were not exactly welcoming when the sorting hat yelled out Slytherin.

As perfects, the Black twins had to watch out for their house's new additions. Usually, there was no issue within the house that needed to be addressed but there was a surprise this year.

There was one first-year who did not integrate with the group as the others did. She couldn't recognize which noble house he belonged to. It would be rare for an unknown student to be sorted into Slytherin. Pureblood children were made aware of all children their age or older. Even the names of illegitimate children were made known before the upcoming school year. It didn't matter if they were half-bloods, word always got around to the pureblood families. There had been no information about the boy prior to the beginning of the semester. He seemed so meek in comparison to the other first-year Slytherins. Carina soon realized the reason behind this; the boy was a muggle-born.

Magical children born from muggles weren't welcomed into Slytherin. Purebloods as children were taught how muggles had treated wizards in the past. They didn't like the fact that their children would mingle at Hogwarts; that's why there was pureblood supremacy. Muggleborns were rare creatures in Slytherin and had the lowest social standing within the house. She knew that boy would soon find out how harsh the wizarding world could be; from both sides. One for being a Slytherin and another for being a muggle-born.

Across the great hall, James watched as Carina took her eyes off the first year she had been staring at. He knew he wasn't supposed to be jealous of an eleven-year-old but Carina never looked his way once in the four years. He didn't know what made the boy so interesting but James couldn't help but want to be in his shoes if it meant Carina would look at him.

James felt a hand grab his arm, shaking him slightly, "James! Look there's Lily!"

James turned around to see Sirius point at Lily Evans, the girl he liked his first year. There was no denying that Lily Evans was a beautiful witch. Her red hair and emerald green eyes grew brighter when her emotions were at their high. When he was eleven, she had made his heart beat faster but now she no longer did. How could his heart like her at all when his heart bled for Carina Black?

Brushing off Sirius's hand, James looked at his best mate. Sirius remained clueless to the fact that he longer fancied Lily Evans. How he had wished he could be so honest with him.