3| New life, old me

When you get a office job, your life is set

Or so I thought.

I came to my very first day of office at sharp nine as instructed by Ms. Bahar.

If I thought I was going to get a cubicle on my very first day and is offered coffee then I was wrong.

So wrong.

I don't even have a place to sit let alone a cubicle.

They don't let the new employee live here.

For the first two days, I was introduced in the creative writing team, they all are cool but they don't take me seriously.

All I did was pass files from one place to another and serve coffee's to Ms. Bahar and others.

To say I have been patient is a tough one.

I keep reminding myself that the salary is good and it will be summer soon and my sisters said they need to go the summer camp with their school.

It's for my family, I remind myself.

It's been one week since I started working here.

And I want to go home.

Atleast now I have a space to sit in the kitchen.

Everyone in the office is busy as the new boss's cabin is being built at our floor. And Ms. Bahar has been eating everyone's ear off about some transition ceremony.

As if he is some queen of England. Transition.

"Hey!" A girl with soft features and dark hair with green coloured on the tips greets me as I lean against the kitchen counter.

"Yes, what do you want, coffee or tea?" I ask dryly.

The girl frowns, "None. You are not an errand girl."

"Ah!" I throw my hands up, "Finally someone knows I am not."

She laughs stepping closer to me, "We are a little tough on newcomers but later everyone is family here."

"Little tough?" I raise my hands, "These hands are supposed to plan and write ideas not serve tea and coffee!"

She nods in understanding, "Just bear a little, it gets better with time."

"How better?"

She grins, "You'll see it."

I shake my head.

"Oh I am Juvee by the way," She extends her hand, "I work at the creative designing team."

I shake my hands with her, "I am Sakina, currently employed and unemployed at the same time."

Juvee laughs, "You are funny."

"Thank you." I smile.

I point at the cabin which has been newly made, "So what's the hype about our new boss?"