18| The gems collector

I stare at the screen in front of me which had a design of a diamond set

For me, it was just a diamond set. But apparently it has different measurements, cuts and it even has a formula which calculates the cuts.

When will maths ever leave my life?

"Finally, in this long neck piece, which is also the show stopper of the whole collection, we will have three point five carat diamonds surrounding the chain and a radiant cut emerald as a pendant." Doruk explains pointing at the design of the neck piece.

Selvi the pickle pouts and points at the neck piece, "Doruk, I don't think the emerald will suit this piece."

Arzu observes the design, "Emeralds often look very classy with diamonds, but the diamonds surrounding the chain is over shading the emerald."

Doruk looks at me and I raise an eyebrow in surprise.

"Ms. Sakina, why don't you suggest what would suit best for this piece?"

I stare at him with wide eyes, just because I agreed to stand beside him doesn't mean I know everything about diamonds. I am not a freaking gems collector.

"Uh I um I think." I pretend to think, tapping my chin, "I think a..." I scratch my head with the pen in my hand, "How about a five point three carat yellow sapphire?"

Doruk raises an eyebrow and a weight falls on my gut.

I said that wrong. I said that wrong.

Foolish hedgehog!!

I hate myself.

Now I would be embarrassed for the rest of my life.

How could I embarrass myself in front of that pickle?!

"That." Arzu begins and I close my eyes, slowly backing down in the shadows. "Is an awfully accurate and strong assessment for someone who didn't studied jewellery designing."

I stop in my steps and look at her, "Really?"

She nods with a smile. "Yellow sapphire is such an under rated gemstone. It would go perfectly with that diamond chain."

I look at Doruk and he smiles, "You are right Arzu. I told you, Ms. Sakina is awfully talented, she just refuses to showcase her talent."

I chuckle awkwardly. "I just like to...observe."

"That's an amazing observing skill." Arzu smiles. "Kadir works with me from the past two years yet he couldn't tell a difference between Jade and Emeralds."

There is a difference in them?

And isn't jade supposed to be a person's name?

Doruk looks at Selvi, "Why do you think Selvi? Do you like the idea of yellow sapphire?"