13

"I don't want you to get hurt."

"Elijah?" Everly asked in disbelief, dressing in her white turtleneck dress, her eyes meeting the suited Original who was standing a few feet from the front porch of the Boarding House

"Everly, you look wonderful," He complimented, a smile made its way onto his lips.  

"You look good too, but what are you doing here? I didn't know you're coming too," She walked closer to the Original.

"What is it?" Elijah's smile faltered upon seeing her deep frown.

Everly cautiously looked around and whispered quickly, "I think they're planning something. Be careful. Especially Damon, he doesn't trust you," Then added, "Or me."

"Is that so? Why are you telling me this?" Elijah questioned, he wouldn't believe Everly will take his side. After all, they were not allies and just because they enjoyed each others' company and had the virtue to keep each others' secrets, it didn't mean they would tell each other their plans. He was sure Everly knew this as well. 

"I don't want you to get hurt, that's all," She said truthfully, gazing unwaveringly into his hazel brown eyes, then the creaking of the door made Everly jumped away from him, placing at least two feet between herself and the suited Original. For some reason, she was extremely reluctant to let the group knew her relatively close relationship with Elijah. Perhaps it was because no one would approve their friendship, just like with Katherine's. Despite they never said anything, with Elena, Bonnie and Caroline's disapproving frown whenever she announced she was going to the tomb, Everly knew they disliked her contacts with the evil doppelgänger, which was probably also the reason why they were often vague and unclear with their updates.

Everly nodded at Damon who opened the door, and disappeared behind the door. Elijah looked at the older Salvatore and greeted, "Good evening."

"Thank you for coming. Please, come in," Damon stood aside.

"Just one moment," Elijah said, unmoving, "Can I just say that if you have less than honorable intentions about how this evening is going to proceed, I suggest you reconsider."

"No, nothing, nothing dishonorable. Just getting to know you."

Elijah hummed, "Well, that's good." He paused slightly and quietly threatened, "Because, you know, although Elena and I have this deal, if you so much as make a move to cross me, I'll kill you," Even though he would've preferred to add killing everyone as collateral into his threats, but that would include Everly and he felt disturbingly uncomfortable doing so, "Are we clear?"

Damon swallowed, "Crystal."

"Jenna. Wonderful to see you again. How are you?" Elijah asked, hugging the red hair woman.

"Nice to see you," Jenna said, returning the gesture.

"Auntie J?" Everly asked in disbelief, her mouths opened and closed like a goldfish upon seeing the red hair woman in front of her.