27.

hang with me and pretend that joe alwyn is not famous in this universe

taylor felt bad for bringing up something so random when nova had brought her to the pumpkin patch.

nonetheless, while nova was shocked, nova agreed that she really wanted a kid.

since taylor's tour was over, and the only thing they were waiting on was the new album taylor was writing, they had plenty of time.

taylor hadn't been seen in public since all of the kanye drama happened, and she wasn't exactly planning on it.

so the blonde wasn't releasing the album for a while, and she thought it was the perfect time.

they went home and discussed it more deeply, and they sat on the couch with a cat in each of their laps.

"so, how would we do it? two women can't exactly have a baby together," nova asked, joking lightly.

taylor smiled, looking at the brunette. it was dark outside by now, and although she could barely see nova, she knew how beautiful the younger woman was.

"i think we should do a sperm donor." taylor suggested. "or a surrogate, ivf, there's a lot of options, so whatever you want."

taylor wasn't exactly picky on how they got a child.

nova nodded. "okay, i like the idea of a sperm donor, so we can look into that."

there was about a minute of an awkward silence before nova continued.

"i'm going to be carrying the baby." nova said it as if it were a question, but they both knew the answer.

"i'm sorry-" taylor tried apologizing, but was quickly cut off.

"oh, i'm not mad or anything. i know your public status and what it means to you, and if i ever end up actually finishing my album, it won't be for a while."

nova wasn't against being pregnant in any way. she had just never really considered it.

so, about a week later nova and taylor had talked to all of the doctors they needed to in order to find a sperm donor.

they found one that looked similar to taylor, by the name of joe alwyn, and they were able to meet with him.

he was british, so nova had to ask the only important question.

"will our baby be born with a british accent?"

taylor's jaw dropped, looking over at the brunette.

nova noticed taylor staring, and had to explain. "no, because he's british, so technically my baby will be british."

taylor rolled her eyes jokingly. "i cannot believe you. don't embarrass me infront of this poor man."

joe smiled awkwardly at the two women.

nova and taylor were stuck between whether to have austin, taylor's brother, or joe be their donor, but they decided that joe was the perfect match.

another two weeks had gone by, and man, was time flying.

nova and taylor already had their first appointment at a fertility clinic.

"so, what brings you in today?" the doctor asked, looking at the two women.

nova was sat on a cold metal table with paper over it, and taylor was sitting next to her.

"well, we were just wondering about how we can start going through the process of getting pregnant." taylor said, looking at nova to confirm that she was wording everything right.

nova was holding onto the blondes bad for comfort, and taylor was trying not to wince.

nova looked down at taylor's hand, realizing how hard she had been squeezing.

the brunette muttered an apology before looking back at the doctor.

"well, there are multiple options." the doctor began explaining. "would you like to start taking fertility shots?"

nova nodded. "how likely is it to work on the first round?"

taylor rubbed her thumb on the back of novas hand lovingly.

she knew neither of them had ever done this before, and it was a scary experience.

"it's very unlikely, but it is possible. are you planning on doing a sperm donor?"

the doctor looked between the two women, waiting for a response.

"yes, we already found the perfect donor." taylor said, nodding at the doctor.

"well, that makes this a whole lot easier. we can get you those shots, i'll show you how to use them, and you both will be done here. any more questions?" the doctor seemed very kind, and nova definitely liked her.

"no, i don't think so. babe?" taylor looked over at her fiancé, who shook her head.

"great! i will be right back." the doctor smiled, leaving the room.

nova was able to get her first fertility shot that day, and it took half an hour for the whole process to be completed.

that doctor was able to show taylor how to do the shots on her own, and now that taylor understood it, she would be able to do it in their home.

"alright, it seems like we're done here. nova, you may feel a little tired or woozy, but i just want to assure you that feeling like that is normal."

nova tried standing up from the medical table on her own, but she ended up needing assistance from her fiancé.

taylor wrapped the brunettes arm around her neck, holding nearly all of her weight.

the doctor said goodbye to the two women as they walked out of the door.

they walked out of the building, thankful for no paparazzi.

"alright, baby. we need to get you in the car." taylor said, opening the passenger side door.

nova groaned softly, leaning her head into taylor's neck.

"cmon, nova. you can sleep in the car." taylor softly caressed her fiancés hair, trying to get her awake enough to at least get in the car.

nova was able to step into the car slowly, nearly hitting her head on the car door.

taylor closed the passenger door and went around the front of the car, getting inside.

nova leaned her head on the window as taylor started driving.

"hey, honey?" nova asked, her eyes still closed. taylor hummed, urging the brunette on.

"how often do we have to do that?"

taylor looked over at the woman sympathetically. "once a week."

"ugh."