22.

Silverstone 2021

The Silverstone grand prix was the one with the most drama since the start of their relationship. Lewis didn't mean to crash out Max at the beginning of the race, and when it happened Lewis immediately felt a sense of worry for Max but he knew he had to carry on and win the race for Max. He didn't realise that Max had been sent to hospital until after the race had finished.
Lewis had won the Silverstone grand prix and went round the track celebrating wildly. When he got to the pits, that was the first that he had heard of Max being in hospital. The podium celebrations had taken place and the media duties had been completed. People were asking Lewis whether he was going to text Max an apology or something and we'll, there was no point texting an apology to Max when he could just go and visit him. Well this was exactly what he did.
When Lewis got to the hospital he quite literally flew to Max's room where luckily there was nobody there.

'Max, I'm so sorry for what happened, I didn't mean for you to get injured, I should have backed out and given you more room'
'Lewis, its okay, I understand and forgive you for what happened, it was racing and I could have given you slightly more space as well'
'Max, the celebrations were for you and I truly didn't know that you were in hospital until I got back to the paddock'
'Thanks for winning for me Lewis, it means a lot and although I feel the celebrations were a bit over the top, I understand as I probably would have done the same in your situation'
'What are we going to do about our fans and teams'
'Let's stir the pot a bit, that way we can have some entertainment'
'Well I suppose we could do that, but our teams'
'I think that they are perfectly capable of doing their own things'
'Hmm, okay but like I said, I'm really sorry'

Footsteps were then heard coming down the corridor

'Lew, quickly down behind the bed'

Lewis quickly moved so he wasn't visible to anyone coming into the room. Just as soon as he was out of sight, Christian Horner came into the room

'Honestly Max, I can't believe the sheer disrespect of that Mercedes driver'
'What do you mean'
'Well he went and celebrated like that knowing that you were in hospital and not apologising'
'Look I would have done the same in his place'
'But you aren't in his place'
'Also, how do you know he hasn't apologised'
'Because it would just be like him not to'

Max could feel Lewis tensing next to the bed and knew he was struggling to keep it together. So Max squeezed his shoulder just to let him know that it was under control.

'Anyway Christian, thanks for visiting but I feel really tired at the moment'
'Of course Max, I'll just go and speak to the doctors then I'll be on my way'

So thankfully for both Lewis and Max, Christian left the room and Lewis went and sat down on the bed next to Max.

'You know Lewis, sometimes I do dislike him'
'Why'
'Just the way he speaks can be a bit iffy'
'Well I mean I could say the same about Toto'
'True'
'Now I need to go Maxy but again I am really sorry and I promise to make it up to you when you get out of hospital'
'Thanks Lewis, and do you think that this is fine to post'

Lewis looked at what Max planned to post on social media just to stir the fans up a bit

'Yeah that's fine Maxy'

Lewis gave Max a kiss on the head and waved goodbye when he walked out of the room