50 ⇾ expect the unexpected

I was in the middle of running on the treadmill doing my best to forget all the shitty things going on in my life when my phone started to ring

Yes, I'm running on the treadmill at 3 in the morning, sue me.

I quickly stop when I realize it's Lennox.

"Hello?"

"Cole fuck!" He mutters.

My heart drops when I realize he's driving.

"Lenny, what's wrong?" I ask.

"Nova and I are driving home."

"Why?"

"It's uh- it's Alyssa...she's in the hospital."

I think my heart actually stops and my breathing increases.

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"We don't know what happened but all I know is that it's pretty bad."

"Which hospital?" I ask as I sprint up the stairs and grab a hoodie and my car keys from my room.

He tells me the name before I hang up.

I quickly barge into my brothers' rooms telling them to wake up.

They both wake up, confusion written all over their faces.

"This better be good Cole-"

"It's Lyss...she's in the hospital and I don't want to go alone! What if- what if she's fucking dying or-"

"Woah! Cole, take a breath! Just tell us the rest in the car, we need to go." Torrin says as we all make our way down to my car.

I almost argue with Damien when he grabs my car keys out of my hand.

"You're in no state to drive." Is all he says before getting into the car.

"Wait so what the fuck happened?" Tori asks.

"I don't know and neither does Lennox. All I know is that something bad happened and now she's in the hospital."

Fuck!

FUCK!

If anything happens to her I don't think I could ever live with myself.

Knowing that she hates my guts already kills me.

But the fact that there is a possibility that she could die without me having a chance of making things right with her...

Fuck, I don't even want to think about that.

The rest of the car ride is quiet, I can feel my brothers' eyes all over me.

I know they're just as worried about her as I am.

We've all grown very close as friends and I'm sure if one of my brothers or I were in the same position, the girls would be doing the same thing.

Once Damien parks the car, I sprint into the emergency room and cut all the people in line.