6. Not So Graceful

Travis Swanson-

I laughed, watching Connor completely fail in bowling as he biffed it when he swung the ball.

"Are you alright?" Carmen asked, covering his mouth to hide his laughter.

"Yup." He grunted, his hand on his hip as he limped back to where we sat.

I heard Hudson's cackle approaching as he set the nachos and pizza down.

"You're fucking stupid." He laughed and I shook my head, trying not to laugh to hard.

"It's your turn jackass." Connor grumbled, sitting beside me.

"Who saw that?" He whispered.

"Everyone." I told him honestly.

"Damn." He laughed.

"You good?" I asked.

"Existing." He rubbed his chest and winced slightly.

"Existing as in you won't need a doctor?" I smiled.

"Yeah." He laughed.

-

"Damn Trav your good." Hudson said after my strike.

I turned on my heel and bowed with a grin.

"Ruining my streak." Connor grumbled.

"I'm so sorry." I frowned, teasing.

"Well you won. So how about a late night drive?" He offered.

"Sure." Carmen and Connor said coincidentally together.

They looked at me and I nodded, grabbing my coat and putting it on as we walked outside and into Hudson's car.

I sat in the back with Carmen.

"Would you be opposed to me seeing if Hailey would wanna come too?" Hudson turned, looking at us.

"Not at all." I shook my head.

"Same." Carm nodded as he began calling her.

I smiled at their bickering, her not wanting to impose, Hudson desperate to hang out with her.

It made me think of Liv.

"Do you guys like frozen yogurt?" Connor asked.

"Yeah." We answered.

"Good, Hailey wants it." He laughed, beginning the drive back to campus and to her dorm which wasn't far away.

"I don't think I've actually met a sibling with his friend actually liking his sister." I chuckled.

"She's everything to Hudson and I. The three of us have been friends since preschool. She is the sweetest girl I've ever known, anything she wants she typically gets even if she feels bad." Connor explained.

That made me feel good, I liked knowing a nice girl like her had people solidly present in her life.

"That's good." I nodded.

He parked, I saw her in her fuzzy pajama pants and hoodie, waiting on the sidewalk as Hudson rolled the window down.

"I'd offer you the front seat but me with those two aren't gonna fit." He laughed and she smiled.

I stepped out of the car, offering her the middle.

"Thank you." She whispered to me as she got in and sat by Carmen.

I got back in my seat, trying not to squish her.

"Why are you sitting like that?" She asked, looking at me funny.

"I don't wanna like sit on you." I laughed awkwardly.

"You won't, sit normally dork. To TCBY we go! I didn't bring my wallet." She smiled and I found myself staring a bit too long.

I looked out the window, the car sitting in what I believed to be comfortable silence.

"I'm sorry, do you guys mind I'm here? I feel bad." She asked and I looked at her, then at Carm.

"Don't feel bad, we wanted you to come." Carmen reassured but she eyed me like that wasn't exactly true.

"Me too. Stop looking at me like that." I squinted.

She cracked a grin, exposing a dimple on her left cheek that I hadn't exactly noticed earlier.

"Still on for tomorrow?" She asked.

"Please." I sighed, knowing I had so much to figure out.

"Tomorrow?" Hudson asked.

"He needs help in math." She told him.

"Oof, my worst subject." I could picture the wince in his face as he said that.

"Mine too." I looked out the window.

"What're you gonna get?" Connor asked her as he parked.

"No idea but let's go." She smiled, nudging me to move faster and I laughed, moving aside as she stumbled not so gracefully out of the car.