26. Black Spine

Travis Swanson-

Perfection.

The way her spine curves in.

The way her shoulder blades adjust with however she lays.

Her hair messily in her face.

Her left leg bent to the side and upward as she slept on her stomach.

Her goosebumps from not having the blanket on her all the way.

She was everything.

I craved her.

Existing with her.

Laying with her.

Making her feel good.

Everything.

It was hard for me to think of anything else.

My hands belonged on her, fitting perfectly wherever I touched.

Her thighs fit perfectly over my hips.

Her face was molded to curve into my neck.

I can't imagine what else would fit perfectly together. I mean I can imagine. But that seems so bizarre.

I'm convinced she was made for me.

Made to distract me. Occupy my eyes and hands, my lips and smiles, my every thought.

I wanted to wake her up, but I didn't want to disturb her.

So I kiss her shoulder, kneeling beside her bed, adjusting the twisted strap of her tank top over her shoulder.

"Hailey." I whispered, my hand immediately rubbing her back, feeling the curve of her spine, her side to her hip.

"Hm?" She barely moved.

"I'm here." I let her know and she turned, facing me slowly.

Her eyes opened, looking at me as she tucked her hands together and under the side of her head, her knees coming to her chest.

"Hi." She blinked so slow, her voice a small whisper.

"Hi beautiful." I admired her, unable to not steal a glance at her chest, her breasts pushed together, making me melt.

She shut her eyes for a few seconds, opening them back up.

"You want me to leave you alone?" I asked.

She shook her head no.

I watched her slowly move her legs over the side of her bed, a foot on either side of my lap as she slowly scooted herself to the edge of her bed.

She grabbed my shoulders, lowering herself onto my lap, her legs tightening around me, her arms around my neck.

Fuck.

"How long did you sleep?" I asked, rubbing her back.

"I don't know. I napped at like 2." She slurred, her cold nose pressing against my throat.

"It's almost 8 sweetheart." I chuckled.

"Okay." She barely answered, her warm breath tickling my neck.

I just sat there, rubbing her back, moving my hand underneath her tank top to scratch her bare skin.

She hummed at the contact, sounding so tired.

"I have to go brush my teeth." She mumbled.

"Why?" I asked.

"To kiss you." She whispered, rubbing her face against my neck, her lips gently pecking my skin.