010.

O N E    W E E K    L A T E R

O N E    W E E K    L A T E R . . .

"Well, Mr. and Mrs. Duncan, it appears that Zachary in deed, fractured his skull from that tree fall incident." Dr. Rowan explained, showing the parents the head CT scan Zayley performed on the eight-year-old boy.

"This is why I told him to stop doing foolish stuff like this," the mother fussed with tears in her eyes, "Is my baby going to be okay?"

Dr. Rowan darted her eyes toward Zayley, allowing her to discuss the patient's diagnosis.

"The good news is Zachary only suffered from a linear skull fracture, meaning he won't need any required treatment." Zayley clarified, zooming in on the scans taken, "Fractures like these should heal on their own between three to four weeks."

"Oh, thank god!" The mother released the breath she was holding and wiped her tears.

"I advise him to stay in the hospital for the next forty-eight hours for extra precaution. Y'know, so we can be on the safe side of things." Zayley pointed out as Dr. Rowan nodded in agreement.

"That we can do. Thank you again." The father shook both ladies' hands.

"You're welcome. We'll have someone take him to the pediatric floor as soon as possible." Dr. Rowan smiled at the parents before they left the room.

"That's the fifth kid this week suffering from a broken bone." Dr. Rowan sighed, sanitizing her hands. "What is with kids nowadays thinking they're Spider-Man?"

"I ask myself the same thing." Zayley shook her head while snickering.

"So, the night is still young. Got any plans for the remainder of the day?" Dr. Rowan asked as they walked inside the locker rooms.

"I do, actually. I'm going to the Warriors game to see a friend of mine play."

The regular NBA season officially started a few days ago. Zayley hadn't been to a basketball game since March of this year, so the excitement had been building up for quite a while now.

She had plans to attend ring night a couple of days ago, but one of the doctors called out of work last minute. Since the floor was short of staff, Zayley felt obligated to cancel her plans and stay a few more hours.

She knew it would upset Jordan when she canceled last minute, and she was correct. He wasn't too thrilled with the decision, mainly because out of all people, he wanted her to witness his proudest achievement the most.

"Sounds exciting. My twin boys loved going to the games when they were younger. Now that they're teenagers, all they do is play video games and eat all the groceries in the house."