019.

F O U R    D A Y S    L A T E R

F O U R    D A Y S    L A T E R . . .

Joyous laughter filled the foyer of the Palmer home as Zayley started the dishwasher in the kitchen.

Drying her hands, she walked over to see the commotion, only to find her dad telling her mother, Kendra, and Jordan one of his famous funny stories.

The Warriors were on the road for a few weeks, and one of their destinations was Milwaukee to play against the Bucks.

Zayley happened to be back home visiting family during the team's stay. Due to her mother nagging her about Jordan, she took it upon herself to invite him over.

Zayley saw their schedule coinciding as a freak accident, but Zina disagreed. To her, ex-lovers being in their hometown simultaneously was something you only see in the movies. She considered this unification as a form of fate.

Sitting at the table for breakfast furthered her argument. From Jordan stealing glances whenever she wasn't looking to Zayley smiling ear to ear when he talked. The love they had was practically radiating off one another. 

Sure, Zina was acting solely based on a hunch, but she believed the stars were starting to align again for Zayley and Jordan. Being at their old stomping grounds would certainly spark something, if not more between the two.

She just hoped her daughter could see that for herself.

"It was great catching up with you all. The ride over here was worth it for sure." Jordan spoke, putting his arms through his puffer coat. Despite not seeing them in a while, he still considered the Palmer household like a second family.

"It was good seeing you too son. Imma try to catch more of the warriors games on Tv." Kenneth replied as he dapped up the younger man.

"Kenneth, don't lie to that boy. You can barely hang past eight o'clock. What makes you think you stay up longer to watch those games?" Zina frowned at her husband.

"You see how she treats a brotha? Just foul." Kenneth shook his head while Zayley and Jordan chuckled.

"Oh hush Kenny." Zina slapped his shoulder as she brought Jordan in for a hug, "Don't be a stranger honey. And if my daughter gives you any problems you can call me. I'll straighten her out."

"I'm sure she wouldn't. But I'll definitely make that call if she does." Jordan watched as Zayley scrunched her face.

"It's you two having this conversation as if I'm not standing right here for me."

"And? I'll say it again if you need me too." Zina said.

After saying goodbyes, Zayley walked him outside into the December cold, where a car waited to take him to the arena. Tonight was the game, and he needed to head to practice to get some shots up.