CHAPTER SIX

Please vote and comment.❤️

Gia

The twins rested their gazes on me as I took a seat next to my boss.

"Good morning." I said before smiling and they remained silent.

"Who's this?" One of them asked and Mr Tchaikovsky ignored their question completely.

"What's the purpose of this meeting?" He asked blankly and the brothers nodded before removing their gazes from me.

"A treaty." One of them said and I looked over at my boss.

"Yes we're willing to negotiate." The other one said and I frowned.

"A treaty?" Mr Tchaikovsky asked with a smile on his face.

"Do you think we can't see what you're doing, Viktor?" One of the brothers asked and I frowned deeply.

"What am I doing?" Mr Tchaikovsky asked calmly.

"You're settling your entire mafia on our territory." One of the twins explained. "You Russians don't belong here." He said and my eyes widened.

That's racist, is it not. And as far as I'm concerned America does not belong to them.

"So either you leave or you sign this treaty with us." One of them said and I looked at my boss once more.

Viktor

God I hate twins.

"Do you wanna know what I think about your treaty?" I asked and they blankly looked at me. "I think it's bullshit. Because first I didn't ask you for shit, nor do I need your validation to live in this country because as far as I'm concerned this is still a free country. And second the only way you're getting rid of me is if you kill me." I said and Gia frowned up at me.

"What do you think doll, do you think we should kill your boss?" Dario asked Gianna.

"I think that this was a waste of his time and please don't call me doll." Gianna told him in disgust.

"Feisty." Luciano said with a smirk on his face.

"Arrogant." Gianna bit back at him and I smiled before getting up from my seat.

"I see that Paige still hasn't come running back to you as you predicted." I said before smiling and they glared at me in anger.

"You're one to talk." Luciano angrily remarked.

"I'm not but unlike you I've moved on from Paige King." I said with a smile on my face. "Let's go." I told Gia and she got up from her seat.

"Goodbye and remember that you are not your circumstances you are the choices you make." Gianna said in a bubbly tone.

"Is that a threat?" Dario asked and Gia frowned at him.

"Yes and you should share it with your precious little daddy?" I said mockingly before grabbing Gia's arm and walking out of the restaurant with her.

If they want to threaten me they need to stop acting like little bitches. I can't believe they're still taking orders from their dad, who by the way retired four years ago.

"It wasn't a threat." Gia said as soon as we got outside and I rather remained silent. "Are you mad at me?" She asked carefully and I frowned at her.

"No why would I be mad at you?" I asked and she nodded as I opened her door for her. She climbed inside before thanking me so I went over to my side and climbed behind the steering wheel.

"Who is Paige?" She asked carefully and I clenched my jaw before tapping the steering wheel.

"She's just a girl we used to date." I said under my breath and Gia nodded slowly.

"Do you still love her?" She asked and I looked over at her.

"No." I said blankly before driving us to work.

"Did you love her? I mean, do you believe in love?" Gia asked and I frowned.

"Why do you care?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"I just do- I think everyone should believe in love. It can be beautiful and ugly sometimes but without it we can't live." She said and I chuckled.

"You can't live unless you love someone else?" I asked in amusement and she shook her head.

"No we can't live knowing that no one loves us. Because no matter who you are, a doctor, or a serial killer, a billionaire, or a homeless man there's someone in the world who loves you. That someone can come in the form of a guardian, a family member or a lover, all that matters is that they love you and knowing that they love you gives you a reason to live." Gia said and I looked at her in disbelief.

"So do you believe in love?" She asked again.

"No. End of discussion." I said blankly as we stopped in the underground garage.