CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Viktor

"So you got rid of Ozan?" Luciano angrily asked me and I rested my back against my chair.

"I did." I blankly told him and he laughed in disbelief.

"Don't tell me you want to start another war, compa because I'm fucking tired." Luciano told me in frustration and I silently looked at him.

"I'm not. She asked me to help her, just because we're not together anymore does not mean that I don't fucking care about her safety anymore." I told Luciano and he clenched his jaw.

"I could've done it, Viktor." He angrily told me. "I could've protected her." Luciano told me and I flared my nostrils in anger because it's not his place to protect her. She's mine.

"You won't tell Gia about this." I blankly told Luciano and he nodded at me.

"If you agree to my terms I'd be glad not to tell her." Luciano told me.

"No. I can't do that. I'd rather die then let a Marroquín become the boss of all bosses. You only care about yourself and your family. There can't be a don above the don. And since I'm the don of my mafia it means that you can't also be the don of my mafia." I explained to Luciano and he clenched his jaw.

"I'm gonna kill you, Viktor. Just don't be surprised when that shit happens." He angrily told me.

"Apparently I'm immortal." I told him while glaring at him and a small smile formed on his lips.

"I'll see you on that day, compa. But before that I'd like to have a conversation with Gia." He told me and I pulled my face in disgust as he walked over to my door.

"If you break our code of silence I'll kill you myself, Luciano." I told him and he just glared at me before he left my office.

I know Luciano, he'd never break a code as important as omertà. He'd kill me, but he's not a snitch.

I looked up and found Gia walking toward my office. She entered without knocking before she sat down across from me.

"I'd like to resign." She blankly stated and I frowned lightly.

"You signed a contract Gia. And in that contract it states that you have to work for me for at least six months before you can resign." I told her and she clenched her fist.

"I'll see you in court then." She angrily told me and I frowned deeply.

"Why do you want to resign so badly? And don't lie to me, Gia." I angrily told her and she let out a heavy breath.

"My letter of resignation will be on your desk by the end of the day, Viktor. I'm flying back to Istanbul tomorrow morning." She pointedly told me and I clenched my jaw.

"You're not going anywhere, Gianna." I angrily told her and she got up from her chair.

"You're not going to keep me here!" She angrily told me and I got up from my chair before I walked over to her.

"Don't do this Gia. I love you, and only you." I told her and she sighed lightly before tears started forming in her eyes. "Stay." I added and she looked into my eyes.

"Why, Viktor? So that you can cheat on me again?" She asked me in confusion and I clenched my jaw. "How will I be able to trust you again?" She continued and I flared my nostrils before looking into her eyes.

"I'll see you in court then." I blankly told her and she nodded at me.

"Viktor-"

"I'm not letting you go without a fight, so go ahead and sue me." I told her and she scoffed in disbelief at my words.

"Fine, I will." She angrily told me before frowning lightly and I nodded at her.

"I will win this case, Miss Doğulu." I told her in a certain tone and she scoffed at my words once again before she left my office. She closed the door behind her and I smiled in disbelief.

Who knew she could be this stubborn.

Please vote and comment.❤️