Ch. 2 - What a Good Man

I’ve been watching Carole and Tuesday recently.

I quite like it.
———–––—————————————

After setting Chi Zhao in bed, Li Yihan stood up and went to the door.

He was wearing a raven black work shirt, and his dark blue jewel cuffs were shining in the evening sunset. He was dressed neatly and seemed ready to go out.

Walking to the door, an old man dressed as a housekeeper appeared. Li Yihan whispered a few words to the old man and then turned back.

“I asked Zhang Bo to call a doctor,” Li Yihan stood by the bed, his calm eyes fell on Chi Zhao. “Where do you feel uncomfortable?”

[Qi Yuan played all night at a party yesterday and then went home and fell asleep. So if you told him that you just drank too much last night he probably wouldn’t be suspicious.]

After listening to the system, Chi Zhao immediately pulled up the blanket a little bit. “I drank a lot yesterday, and now I feel dizzy.”

Li Yihan doesn’t pay much attention to Qi Yuan’s life, but he knows what he should know. Since Qi Yuan moved into his house and got some pocket money, he often went to various drinking places. Every day he mingled with the so-called “elder sisters” in the university. If they weren’t drinking, then they were messing around.

Li Yihan looked at him with a raised eyebrow. All the gentleness he had just shown disappeared in a second. His tone was somewhat harsh. “Qi Yuan, I told you a week ago that you needed to attend the Zhengde Group’s charity party tonight. Did you forget it or is it that you just aren’t taking this seriously?”

Chi Zhao opened his eyes wide and looked at him innocently. Li Yihan’s forehead throbbed. That innocent look made it seemed as if Li Yihan was unjustly slandering him.

In his heart, Li Yihan warned himself not to be deceived by Qi Yuan’s innocent appearance. After a pause, he said continued, “I didn’t care about what you did before, because you’re an adult, but now your uncontrolled lifestyle will affect me. I’m going to set down some rules for you.”

“No more drinks with your college friends. You can go to a normal class reunion, but if I find out that you’re going out to party with your friends, I’ll cut your living expenses for a month.”

Li Yihan has been single since he was made head of the family. He hasn’t been around any children before, so don’t even mention raising a child of his own. Today is his first time to discipline as a parent, so he doesn’t know whether he has done it right or not and whether he was too strict.

Li Yihan is calm on the surface, but in fact he is closely observing Qi Yuan’s expression.

Chi Zhao blinked and nodded, “I understand. Thank you, Mr. Li.”

In name, Qi Yuan is Li Yihan’s adopted son, but in reality, they have no personal relationship. Qi Yuan has been moved in for only a month and has seen Li Yihan less than ten times in total. Li Yihan calls Qi Yuan by his full name, and Qi Yuan respects him as his benefactor. That is the full extent of their relationship.

Li Yihan raised his eyebrows slightly; he had never seen such a good-natured Qi Yuan before. It was if it the person himself was different.

Li Yihan no longer stood estranged on the side, but instead sat down on the bed. He asked, “Are you still dizzy?”

Chi Zhao still felt a little out of sorts, but he was not as dizzy as he was when he first came. He smiled a little and said, “Much better, thank you.”