Winter Break

It's winter break. Finally we get some peace and quiet away from all of Millie's friends. I love Millie but her friends are exhausting. There's just so many of them,and they're so loud.

Right now I'm walking to Millie's house. We want to go and just walk around today. There's a graveyard close to where we live so I decided to take Millie there so we could walk around. Plus I have some grandparents buried there that I want to visit.

I walk up to Millie's porch and knock on the door. Unfortunately for me her dad answers. I always get nervous around her dad. It's like being the boyfriend. Except I'm a girl but I don't feel like that around her dad.

"Hey Sir" i say politely

"Millie's on her way down, just wait here for her to be ready." with that he closes the door. I sigh. That could've gone worse.

A few minutes later Millie walks out the door.

"Hey, I'm sorry about him." She smiles at me but I can tell she feels bad.

"Don't worry about it, it could be worse."

"That's true okay let's get out of here."

With that Millie takes my hand and starts walking back down the sidewalk towards the graveyard. We take our time walking. We don't have any rush to get there or back home. We just want to be together for as long as we can. Moments where we're completely alone without possibility of interruption are rare. Of course we could be interrupted but the probability of that has decreased immensely.

We talk as we walk. I ask her how stuff at home is. Just to get it out of the way. I don't like to ask her about it but I have to. Sometimes I think she lies to me about it. That's okay though. I just want her to know I care. We get to the graveyard 10 minutes later. We walk in. immediately Millie smiles. She really loves it here. She has a lot of memories in this place. Some good, some bad. Some I'm extremely jealous of.

She turns and looks at me.

"Do you want to go look for your grandparents?"

"Wait how did you even-''

"You mentioned it awhile i go for some reason it stuck in my brain."

"You actually listen to me when I talk?"

"Yeah duh now what're their last names?"

"Either Lance or Kinney. I'm not sure about first names."

"Okay that works common, we'll start at the front."

Millie takes my hand and starts walking towards the front of the graves. I follow behind her holding onto her hand like it's my life force. We get to the front and start walking down the rows of graves. When we get to the third row I see my grandparents.

"There they are!" i say excitedly. I don't know why I'm so excited. I never even met them. I know Grandma Lance crocheted a lot which means crocheting is in my blood. A weird thing to know. My mom and her parents talk about them a lot. Mostly grandma lance. She's my great great grandma I think. It's hard to figure out whose mom she is and how many greats that adds up to.

We sit down in front of the graves and stare at them for a few minutes.

"I never even knew these people but for some reason it feels like I did."

"Well your family probably mentions them a lot, they're a part of your life even if they were never in it themselves."

"Yeah i guess you're right.'' I put my head on Millie's shoulder and sigh. After a few minutes it starts to snow.

Millie's head is resting on mine,I have a feeling her eyes are probably closed.

"Mil look." I whisper.

"Hmm?"

"It's snowing."

"Holy crap really?"

"Yeah if you open your eyes you'll be able to see."

"Open your eyes and you'll be able to see." she imitates me

"Mil please."

"But I'm relaxed."

Instead of arguing with her I lay down with no warning. Her head immediately loses its pillow effectively making her eyes fly open in surprise.

"HEYYY"

She immediately tackles me and starts tickling my sides.

"MILLIE you're supposed to be looking at the snow." I say between giggles.

"I don't know, I think I like looking at this better."

She gets on top of me to keep me from escaping. I lay there helplessly pinned as we both laugh uncontrollably. There's snow falling in the background. I can occasionally feel it land on my face,melting instantly against my body heat.

After about five minutes of torturing me, Millie decides to show mercy. She rolls off me and then wraps her arms around me and cuddles into my chest.

"Aww there's my cute little demon." I say with affection in my voice.

"Shut up or I'll tickle you again."

"Okay okay."