Chapter 3: Texting A Past Lover

(Btw, since it’s been a couple months, i think my writing has improved a bit, so hopefully the chapters will be better from here on out <3) 

Shuichi’s POV 

By now, Monokuma had left a while ago, but I was still processing what I had found out. Was that really true? Had me and Kokichi really been dating before the killing game? As I sat there, I heard a buzz. I turned my head towards where the noise came from, only to see a phone sitting on my bedside table. The phone case was black and white, split directly down the middle, with red outlining the area near the camera. Why would I have a phone case that looks like Monokuma? I opened my phone, the lock screen was a photo of Kokichi and I. 

 (pretend it's their pregame outfits, also, if anyone know the artist, pls let me

Oh shit, there’s a password. I first tried my birthday, 09/07/XXXX. I felt the phone vibrate slightly, signifying that was incorrect. “What else?” I thought. I looked around the room, searching for anything that might be the password. Then I saw a calendar hanging next to a desk on the other side of the room. There had to be something there. I quickly ran over to the calendar, scanning the pages for any important dates, or something. 

 I flipped the page to June. “That’s it!” I thought to myself. I looked back at the phone and tried what the calendar said, 06/21/XXXX, Kokichi’s birthday. With some luck, the phone opened. The wallpaper was also of Kokichi and I, this time looking at the camera.

 (again, pls pretend it's their pregame outfits, and if anyone knows that artist, pls let me know)

 My past self must have really liked Kokichi, huh? I opened the app Messenger. 

Kichi <3 

Good morning my beloved! 

Read 8:32 AM 

“Crap, how do I respond?!” I thought to myself. I’d have to be quick because Messenger ratted me out. I quickly began to scroll through our past messages to see how I used to respond. 

Kichi <3 

Good Morning my beloved! 

Read 8:32 AM 

                                                                                                           Good Morning beautiful. 

God I hope I responded right. Please say this is correct…  

Kichi <3 

Good Morning my beloved! 

Read 8:32 AM 

                                                                                                           Good Morning beautiful. 

Aw Shu shu, you're so sweet!              

Oh thank Auta!          

Kichi <3 

Good Morning my beloved! 

Read 8:32 AM 

                                                                                                           Good Morning beautiful. 

Aw Shu shu, you're so sweet!              

Any who, are you feeling alright? You’re 

usually at school by now. 

Oh shit. I have school! 

Kichi <3 

Good Morning my beloved! 

Read 8:32 AM 

                                                                                                           Good Morning beautiful. 

Aw Shu shu, you're so sweet!              

Any who, are you feeling alright? You’re 

usually at school by now. 

                                                                                      Oh shit! I slept in! I’ll be there soon!  

I’m gonna have to hurry. I quickly ran over to the closet in the room, I grabbed the first thing I saw and hoped for the best. I grabbed a white shirt, a dark, greenish blue tie, and a black suit. I hope I wear this regularly. 

I grabbed a pair of socks and shoes, and ran out the door of my room. 

Kokichi’s POV 

Oh boy. Shuichi is gonna get caught immediately. He can’t even open his phone. 

“Damn, Pooichi was a total simp before the killing game!” Miu shouted, with her annoying, slutty voice. “At least that degenerate isn’t dating a girl!” Tenko shouted, being just as annoying. 

“Would you guys shut up?” Maki said, eyeing the two. You know what? There is no way she’s the ultimate “cHiLd CaReGiVeR”, she probably makes children cry! “Oooo~, scary~” I teased in a sarcastic tone. 

‘Shut up Kokichi.” Maki snarled, now glaring at me. 

“Now you’re the one who needs to be quiet! So shhh! I’m trying to watch my boyfriend!” I said, Maki still glaring at me. 

“He isn’t your boyfriend, you gremlin.” Kaito said, him now also glaring at me. “Yeah he is! Monokuma just said it! Are you deaf???” I responded. Now I'm actually getting annoyed. “You guys could of broke up before the killing game!” Kaito shouted, obviously angry. 

“But do you have any proof of that? No, so as far as we know, Shuichi is still my boyfriend.” I replied. With that, he surprisingly shut up. 

Oh boy, this was gonna be fun.