Chapter 5: First Period

Authors Note: I'm sorry this took so long. I've been busy with school and all that, but hey! Thanks for 215 reads! That really means a lot to me, I never thought anyone would look at my story, or even enjoy reading it! Thank you all so much! Without further ado, here's chapter 5!                                                  

Shuichi’s POV

I walked a bit slower than Kokichi, just so I could see where the classroom was and so I wouldn’t get lost. After a little walk, we finally reached classroom 36B. That must be the classroom. Kokichi then paused before opening the door to the classroom. 

“Late again, are we?” I heard what I assume to be our teacher say. “I expected this behavior out of Mr. Saihara, but you Mr. Ouma?” the teacher paused, sighed, then said,” I’ll let it slide one final time, just take a seat. Next time this happens you're both going to detention, understand?” “Yes Mrs. XXXXXX” Kokichi replied as he went to take a seat. I followed him until I found an open desk. 

Did I really use to skip class all the time? That doesn’t sound like me at all. I would’ve expected that out of someone like Kokichi, but not me…maybe Monokuma was right and we did act differently. I suddenly heard a bunch of whispering around me. Was that…. Kaede's voice? Yeah it is. And that one’s Kaito’s. And Maki’s! Miu’s too. Gonta? What were they talking about? I decided to focus on the conversation happening between who I assumed to be Kaito and Kaede. 

 “Damn, he’s gonna be pissed when he sees that Shuichi is in his seat.” 

“I know, wait until he finds out that Shuichi is dating his ex. Then he’ll be even more pissed off.” 

“Right?! Especially after just getting back from his “vacation”” 

What were they talking about? Who were they talking about? Why is he gonna be so pissed? I decided to switch conversations and listen to the one between Maki and..Kokichi? 

“God, Kokichi. I knew your boyfriend and him never got along in the first place, but I didn’t think he would steal his seat next to you.”

“I told you already Em (M), Shuichi is just that brave.” 

“I mean, at least he didn’t cheat on you like someone did.” Maki said with anger in her eyes. 

“Calm down, I already got that handled, you don’t need to kill him…yet.” 

Wait, now I’m rivals with someone? Who? Who was I gonna piss off? And what is wrong with sitting next to my supposed boyfriend? God, I’m not mentally stable enough to fight someone’s clingy ex boyfriend. 

Just then, right after the teacher had exited the room, I saw a light green haired boy walk through the door, who already looked stressed. Then he looked into my eyes with me. 

“SHUICHI F^CKING SAIHARA. GET THE HELL OUT OF MY SEAT.” I heard him yell. He then began to storm over to me. He then picked me up by my collar and stared at me with rage filled eyes. “Wait Rantaro calm down!” I heard Kokichi yell beside me. “Shut it Koki I’m busy.” “I said you couldn’t call me Koki anymore, Rantaro. We broke up 3 months ago. Get over it! And leave him alone!” “What are you dating this freak or something?” Kokichi then fell silent. 

I was scared. I didn’t know what to do. What should I do? “Are you serious?” Rantaro said in a tone just above silent. He then turned his head back to me. And he looked even more pissed off. I didn’t think it was possible. “...are you kiDDING ME SAIHARA?! I LEAVE FOR 2 WEEKS AND YOU GET WITH MY BOYFRIEND?!” Rantaro yelled at me. Holy shit. This Rantaro was scary. But this was definitely different from the Rantaro I used to know. This confirms what Monokuma said. We all must have acted differently. 

“I”M GONNA F^CKING KILL YOU SHITHARA.” Rantaro shouted in my face. Everyone in the classroom then looked terrified. “NO! Don’t you lay a finger on him!” Kokichi yelled in fear. Rantaro looked as if he was going to say something, but Gonta interrupted him. “I hate to interrupt you three, but Mrs. XXXXX is coming back, I hear her loud ass heels coming.” Woah, that couldn’t be Gonta. That sounds nothing like him! But as soon as Gonta said that, Rantaro let go of my collar, making me fall back into my seat. He then leaned forward as said in a tone, again, just below silent, “This isn’t over Shithara. You. me. Back of the school, Lunch time. Got it?” 

I had to try not to sound as nervous as I was when I replied with, “Got it.” He then went to a seat in the back of the class and sat down. As he sat down the teacher walked back into the room. 

Great. My “first” day of school, and I’m already going to get in a fight. Awesome. 

Kokichi’s POV 

Me and the others looked up at the screen. That couldn’t be Rantaro. He was so nice. And Gonta, no way in hell that that’s Gonta. 

“Damn, why is Kokichi getting all the hot bitches?” Miu exclaimed behind me. “I’m just so handsome is all c^m dumpster. So handsome that they’re going to fight over me.” I replied to Miu, my face having a shit eating grin. “C-c^m dumpster?!” Miu said as she moaned slightly. God, everytime she does that it makes me even more uncomfortable. And it makes it hard to insult her. 

“Are we going to ignore the fact that Maki and Kokichi were having a conversation that didn’t involve one trying to kill the other?” Korekiyo asked with his goofy ah voice. “Nyeh..I noticed it but I didn’t want to waste my mana on talking about it..” Himiko lazily responded. She can be interesting whenever she isn’t going on about her mana or whatever. “Yeah you degenerate! Of course Himiko noticed, she is an all powerful mage!” Tenko exclaimed. God she’s annoying too. 

I turned my head to look at Maki. She looked disgusted. “I…I was…f-....fri….” Maki began to spit out. “Come on Makiroll! You can do it!” Kaito yelled, as if he were cheering her on. Dude, it’s literally just a word. It’s not even that hard to say! “fri…en..d.s with Kokichi?” She FINALLY spat out, looking as if she were about to gage. 

“EW! I would NEVER want to be friends with Makiroll!!!!” I shouted. “Don’t call me that. Do you wanna die?” Maki said, glaring daggers at me as she spoke. “Yay! I got Maki to say her catchphrase!” I exclaimed as if I had done something phenomenal. “I’m gonna kill him.” Maki said as she was glaring at me. 

“Now, let's not fight. Everyone calm down.” Kirumi said, really just trying to get Maki to calm down. “Yeah Makiroll! Don’t waste your time on him. He’s not worth it.’ Kaito said, also trying to stop another body discovery from happening. “Whatever you say mom!” I responded to Kirumi cheerfully. “I’m not your mother, Kokichi.” Kirumi said, sounding slightly agitated. Ouch. That hurt a lot. I really thought Kirumi and I were getting close, I guess not. 

“How about we talk about the fact that Shuichi and Rantaro are going to get into a fight?” Ryoma said, most likely trying to change the topic. “I wish I was there with him, I could have him train…We should do that when Shuichi gets back!” Kaito said, his face changing from worry to excitement. “I wish I was there too..I’ve been in a lot of prison fights, I could give him some advice…” Ryoma said ominously. “Well we’ll just have to hope for the best and see how it goes!” Tsumugi said, sounding much too cheerful. 

“I agree with that! Let’s hope for the best!” Kiibo said, agreeing with Tsumugi. 

Yeah..hope for the best my ass.