Ch. 1.6

Elliana

Today is the day! Embry and I's date! Currently I'm showered and wrapped in a towel as Mia and Trixie ransack my room looking for an outfit.
"So he's taking you to the beach?" Mia asks and I tell her yes.
After an hour of deliberation, I'm wearing a black knitted top, ripped blue Jean, insulated black combat boots, and a maroon snood.
"Now curl her hair so we can style the beanie." Trixie tells Mia and she quickly drags me to the bathroom to do just that.
"What are you doing?" Bella asks coming to the bathroom doorway.
"Getting ready for a date." Mia tells her, they said I'm not allowed to snap at Bella so I can stay in a good mood.
"With who?" Bella noses her way in.
"Embry Call, who else." Trix says, walking past the door and down the stairs, probably to the kitchen for a snack, it is almost dinner time and they've been here for hours.
"Get me some chips!" Mia calls out to her and she tells her okay.
"You mean the one in the cult. Jake says he's bad news." Bella says and I feel my blood boil.
"Well-" I start before mua cuts me off.
"You don't know his side of things. Now go before you make her mad."
"He pushed someone off a cliff today. Jake says they were cliff diving but still." Bella says not listening to Mia.
"Go cry over your ex and leave my boyfriend alone." I snap at her and her eyes widen before she scurries off.
"That went well." Mia sighs and I roll my eyes.
"I could've said worse."
"I know, hun. Now calm down, you're going on a date." Mia says and we laugh as she continues to curl my hair.

I'm currently sitting on the couch in my living room alone, Bella is in her bedroom, Dad's at work, and Trix and Mia went home. Even though Embry is forty minutes late, I still have hope he'll show up. I mean this whole dating thing was his idea.

*Knock, knock*

I jumó up and run to the door to see a tired looking Embry.
"Elle, I'm-"
"It's whatever, let's just go." I cut him off, a little hurt by his tardiness. I understand not being right on time, Embry never was to anything, but forty minutes, he doesn't even live that far away.
We get into an old pickup truck that I know is not his and start to head towards the beach.
"I really am sorry. I didn't get much sleep last night, I had to be up at five. I took a nap and slept through the alarm, really, Elle, I'm so sorry." He says and something Bella said pops into my head.
"You went cliff diving today." I say, emotionless and he tenses.
"I-I know but-"
"If you were really so tired, you should've been napping then, not when you were supposed to pick me up." I snap and he cringes. "Just either tell me the truth and you can take me on a date or take me back home."
"Elle-"
"I mean it, Embry."
"That is the truth, I swear." He says and his eyes shift. They always do when he's lying.
"I know when you're lying, so just take me home." I say and he does as he's told.

I run in the house past me dad in tears. I slam my bedroom door shut and throw myself on my bed, sobbing. Dad comes in and cradles me.
"What happened, Ellie?"
"I hate him." I sob as I feel my heart break. "I hate him so much." I cry into my dad's shirt and he holds me until I cry myself to sleep.

Third Person

"She's gotten worse, Billy. She was getting better and now, it's worse than before." Charlie Swan tells Billy Black before taking a swig from his beer.
"I know Embry, Charlie. He's a good boy and had a good reason. Get her to talk to him." Billy tries convincing the elder Swan.
"She hates him. Every time I try to bring it up, to ask what happened, she says it makes everything worse. She's made up her mind, you know nobody can change it after she does." Charlie tells his best friend before going to grab another beer.
"That's what I'm afraid of." Billy mutters, scared for not only the future of Elliana, but the future of Embry Call.