Ch. 3.2

September

Elliana

The nursery is finally finished! I wanted it to be different than the rest of the house, I wanted a vintage feel.

Baby Girl's Nursery

"Do you like it?" I ask Embry as I finish decorating the nursery just as he walks in

"Yeah, it's perfect." He says and I can see something is troubling him.
"What's going on?" I ask him, pulling him out of the nursery and closing the door.
"Nothing important, just some pack stuff." I brushes off my question, but before I can push more he asks, "Have you thought of a name?"
"I thought of one I really like but I want you to pick too."
"Whatever you pick, I know I will love, so lay it on me." He says, sitting in the couch in the living room and pulling me down to sit on his lap.
"What to you think about Koah?" I ask him, giggling as he pecks kissing onto my cheeks.
"I love it." He mumbles, continuing to kiss my face.
"Em, I'm serious." I say, pulling away.
"And so am I, I love it. Little Koah Call."

December

"Last one, push." Dr. Samuels instructs me and I do as told.
"Ahhh!" I scream, pushing with everything I have. My cries of pain stops and I slump back as Embry whispers comforting words in my ear, but all I hear is my baby girl's cries. "I wanna hold her." I mumble, my vision going blurry before it goes black.

Embry

"Elle? Hey, Elle?" I say, tapping her shoulder as concern fills me.
"Sir, we need you out of the room. Now." A nurse instructs me, I want to argue but that'll take time away from them helping Elle. This can't be happening.

Elliana

I wake up, confused. I look around to see Embry asleep in a chair pulled right up beside my bed, a little hospital crib next to him. I shift to get a look at my daughter and Embry shoots up.
"Hey, you're awake." He sigh out in relief, pulling me into a hug.
"I wanna see her."
"First, let me tell the nurse your awake, okay?"
"Okay."

Once the nurse checks my vitals and gives me the all clear to hold Koah, I do. I lean back as she feeds, tears of joy filling my eyes.
"You scared me for a second there." Embry mumbles, not taking his eyes off me.
"Sorry." I say, genuinely meaning it.
"I need to tell you something and you aren't going to like it." He says and I'm scared at what he could possibly say.
"The Cullens ticked of some vamp royalty. They'll be here tomorrow to kill everyone, we have to fight."
"That's why you've been so busy lately?"
"Yeah." He looks down, feeling guilty at hiding the truth from me.
"Promise me you'll come back home." I say, trying not to cry.
"I promise that I will love and protect you and Koah until my last breath." He looks in my eyes as a tear falls down his cheek.

It's been six hours since Embry left to go fight. Sue, Emily, and my dad are coming to visit today so I have to put on a strong face since my father can't know what's going on.

*Knock, Knock*

I look up as I hold a sleeping Koah in my arms to see the three walk in.
"Let me see her." Emily says, immediately taking the girl from my arms.

Koah Call

"She's beautiful

"She's beautiful." Charlie says, stroking her head.
"Thank you."
"How are you doing?" Sue asks and I hear the double meaning in her voice.
"I'll be okay." I tell her, looking at Koah stirring awake. I have to stay strong no matter what happens for my daughter.