¹² 𝚆𝙴𝙻𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙴 𝚃𝙾 𝙼𝙸𝙰𝙼𝙸

˗ˏˋ𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞ˊˎ˗
𝚡𝚒𝚒. 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚒

 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚒

𝑻𝑯𝑬 car ride back to Miami was uneventful, to say the least

𝑻𝑯𝑬 car ride back to Miami was uneventful, to say the least. It was silent except for the sound of the radio and an occasional conversation here and there. Once they arrived at the police station, all four of them got out of the car. Oliver was happy to be able to stretch his legs, they were beginning to grow sore from being cooped up in the car for a long period of time. Bilkins was the first one inside. Brian followed him and held the door open for Oliver and Roman, waiting on the two.

"Wait. Hold up." Brian said to Bilkins

He looked over at his brother and old friend, who were standing near the car, unsure looks on their faces. Brian walked over to the two. 

"Hey, guys, what's going on?" Brian asked

"I don't know if I should be trusting you, man," Roman replied

He shook his head slightly and Oliver had to agree with him. Those uneasy feelings he was experiencing at Lompoc were resurfacing.

"Just think of it this way. It's an opportunity for a fresh start. Let's just go do this, alright?" Brian said

"I wouldn't need a fresh start if it wasn't for you." Roman spat

He narrowed his eyes at the blonde standing in front of him. Oliver refrained from rolling his eyes. Since the three boys hadn't come inside, Bilkins began watching the three from the door.

"Man, you've been using that since the day you got busted. Now, let's just chill out and go do this." Brian said

"I don't need to chill out!" Roman snapped

"Yes, you do. And you need to stop blaming me for your every mistake. And Roman Pearce needs to start taking responsibility for his actions." Brian ranted

He got in Roman's face.

"You need to go to hell." Roman said, annoyed

"And you need to go back to Barstow." Brian shot back

He pointed at the road. Oliver rolled his eyes. Brian started making his way towards the building. Oliver sighed and started following his younger brother.

"I'm not going back to Barstow." Roman said

He followed Brian and Oliver into the building.

🏎

Oliver, Brian, and Roman were briefed on the details of the assignment. The three boys were going to compete in a race to retrieve an item of Verone's choosing. After being briefed, the group entered the garage of the police department. A delivery truck was backing in as they arrived. When it finally came to a stop, the back opened, revealing a woman. She put her hands on her hips as she looked at the men below.

"Brian and Oliver O'Conner, Roman Pearce, meet Monica Fuentes." Markham introduced

Monica looked over at the three boys, then back over to Markham. 

"Do they have background on Verone?" Monica asked

"They've been briefed." Bilkins answered

Oliver folded his arms across his chest.

"Good." Monica said

She jumped down from the truck and walked over to the group.

"All right, here's the deal. Verone's looking for drivers. I've arranged for the three of you to join up. I've also hired some thugs. You know, to make it legit." Monica explained

"When do we start?" Roman asked

Monica looked at him, a smile playing at her lips.

"Right now." Monica responded

Oliver, Roman, and Brian nodded.

"What are we driving?" Oliver asked

He glanced over his shoulder. He noticed three cars that were covered up a few feet away. He assumed that the cars would be for them. Three agents came over and began to uncover the cars, revealing a purple 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS, a lime green 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII, and a yellow 2000 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4. Roman cheered with excitement at the sight in front of him.

"Don't even think about taking the convertible." Roman warned Brian and Oliver

He stuck his arms out to prevent Brian and Oliver from getting any closer to the car.

"It might loosen your mousse, Brian." Roman teased

He tossed his duffel bag into the back seat of the car. Oliver smirked at his comment.

"No, that's cool. That's too much chrome for me anyways." Brian replied

He inspected the outside of the green Mitsubishi. Oliver hummed in agreement as he examined the yellow Mitsubishi. He was more than happy with this car.

"Damn! Where y'all confiscate these rims from, man?" Roman asked

He looked at the tires in awe. Needless to say, he was in love with this car. Bilkins walked over to his former employee. After a few minutes, Monica made her way over to Oliver's car.

"I'll ride with you, cowboy." Monica said

She opened the passenger door, Oliver following suit with the driver's door.

"Why she gotta ride with you?" Roman asked

"You get the convertible. Let's go." Monica said

She got into the car, Oliver sent Roman a teasing smirk. The three cars took off heading towards Verone's place.