Chapter 9

"I was bit two months ago as you can see by the completely healed bite mark. If I was gonna turn I would have a long time ago," I explain.

"Then why do your eyes glow?" Dale asks.

"I don't know. I woke up two days after I was bit and they were glowing. I can now see in the dark also," I explain vaguely not wanting to freak them out.

"Shane, Lori I have been with her for two days now. I knew about the bite mark and I wouldn't bring her here if I didn't trust her," Rick says trying to calm them down. They eventually give in and sit back down but keep throwing me looks.

"Did you have another changes?" Glenn asks from beside me after a minute of silence. I look at him to see he looks excited practically jumping in his seat. I give him a smirk before getting up. I slowly walk to the nearest car while everyone follows me with their eyes. The closest car was a pickup, I went and hooked my hands under the edge of the front. I turned my head and looked at them as I slowly started lifting the truck until only the rear end touched the ground and my arms were stretched out above my head. Everyone stared with open mouths while Izzy simply smiled. After carefully setting the truck down I walked over sat down and started eating again waiting for everyone to come to their senses.

"THAT WAS SO COOL! YOU WERE LIKE... like Spider-Man or Superman NO! WONDERWOMAN! YES WONDERWOMAN!" Carl starts rambling excitedly.

"Is... is there anything else you can do?" Dale asked after Lori got Carl to calm down.

"I'm fast like really fast. I heal faster. Oh! Also all my senses are heightened and I've gained a sixth sense to walkers within 100 feet. I'm also invisible to walkers, they want nothing to do with me for some reason," I explain with a shrug. After everyone calmed down and I answered more questions we went to bed. Lori tried offering a tent but I knew we would be safer in the truck.

I offered to take night watch since I don't sleep that much but Shane insisted that he was taking watch. After I slept for 4 hours I walk out of the truck to see Shane sitting on the RV death glaring at Rick and Lori's tent. I had noticed the looks Lori and Shane had been sending each other all day and now I get it. They've been bumping uglies. I wonder how long?

I start running the perimeter without telling Shane because he'll say something stupid and I'll have to kick his ass again. After a couple hours light started to touch the sky I was able to get 2 rabbits, 3 squirrels, and 1 fox surprisingly. I ran into a group of 6 walkers and took them out quickly. As I walked back into camp the sun was starting to rise making it about 8am. People were already awake and Carol and Lori were already starting laundry.

I sat down beside my truck and started skinning my kills. Izzy soon joined me by using her own knife, I had taught her weeks ago one time and she never needed help with it afterwards. I felt eyes on me so I looked up making eye contact with the younger Dixon before noticing the elder walking towards me with a smirk. I roll my eyes and continue what I'm doing.

"Sexy Sergeant knows how to hunt I see," Merle says walking over licking his lips.

"Unless you want a broken nose you'll fix your eyeballs," I deadpan.

"Sorry Sarge. I just can't help it when I see a gorgeous woman," he says with a wink. I roll my eyes and start cutting the meat into strips to smoke.

"If you and your brother are going hunting then I'll just smoke this meat," I say simply not giving into his flirting.

"We was about to go out. You want to join us? Maybe take a little break just you and me," he says wiggling his eyebrows.

"Mom! I want to go! You still got a lot to teach me!" Izzy speaks up from her squirrel.

"Fine but we got to start smoking the meat first," I tell her continuing my work. "Give us bout 20 minutes and we'll be ready to go. There will be no breaks," I say narrowing my eyes at him.

I was able to teach Izzy how to track, how to use moss to navigate the forest, how to make traps, and how to walk silently. She is a quick learner, she was able to get a squirrel and help track down a deer. Merle and Daryl were surprisingly patient with her and spoke up to teach her things too. I thought it was sweet.

When we got back to camp I told Rick about the walkers I found getting closer to camp, he thinks we should move camp too but doesn't want to push anyone. He also told me that Lori tried to sleep with him but he confronted her about the stolen looks her and Shane kept giving each other and she confessed to sleeping with him for 6 months now. He was upset but he wasn't heartbroken which shows how his and Lori's relationship really was.

Carl and Sophia both got interested in archery after watching Izzy practice. Izzy is now teaching them to shoot and tomorrow I'll be showing them how to make their own bows. Lori was against Carl using any type of weapon but when I explained they are literally the safest weapon we could give them and that kids have been doing archery for thousands of years she finally gave up and said he could. Carol actually liked the thought of Sophia learning how to protect herself and when Ed tried to speak up I just glared at him and he shut right up. I think that strong women scare him, he should be scared.

I've been thinking about mentioning my dad to Rick. My dad and I have a weird relationship. When I was a kid I was a daddy's girl, but when he started working from sun up to sun down I hardly saw him. Them momma got hooked on drugs, locked up, with a divorce to follow soon after. As the eldest and only girl I had to take care of my three younger brothers while dad worked. I was 8 at the time. Not even two years later my dad is remarrying an 18 year old mother of 2. Let's just say there were a lot of problems. She was a lazy gold digger who hated me and made sure I knew it.

Anyway my dad went a little crazy after a couple years being married to her. Started talking about the world ending, left all of us and moved to the mountains in North Carolina. 300 acres of valley in between some mountains said he was going off the grid. Last I was there he actually had a nice farm, everything powered by solar panels. He had just started the construction of a huge cement wall apparently. Well he don't seem so crazy now. I know Rick wants to go to the CDC and see if my blood can make a cure but I just don't think it's still standing. Ya I think tomorrow I'm gonna talk to him about it. It might just be our saving grace.