003

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗
✎Author's Note✎

Get ready for some more angst :>

Also, more big brother Kai moments<3

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

Several Days Later

[Y/n] sat outside drawing a picture of themselves and Kai. They occasionally looked up to watch the ninja train with each other. It reminded them of the training they would do with their father. [Y/n] heard footsteps so they turned around to see who it was. There stood Sensei Wu with a stunned look on his face as he watched the ninja train. [Y/n] smiled at Sensei Wu before immediately standing up and jogging towards him. Sensei Wu looked down at the small child as [Y/n] held up their drawing. "Very nice." Sensei Wu complemented the child. When [Y/n] and Sensei Wu turned their attention back towards the group they saw Zane suddenly jump up from meditating. They watched as Zane did a series of flips before jumping into one of the training equipment and taking out a cardboard cutout of an enemy.

Zane jumped back off and started to do Spinjitzu, successfully freezing the training grounds. After slipping on Zane's ice, Kai walked towards Cole and Jay. "This training ground isn't big enough for the four of us." Kai spoke up, making Cole turn his head to look at him. "Correction. This training ground isn't big enough for him." Cole said, motioning towards Zane. "It's like he's in his own world. I bet he can't even hear us!" Jay raised his voice near the end and shot a glare towards Zane. The three other Ninja's then watched as Zane threw his shuriken's. Sensei Wu made his was towards the three complaining ninja with [Y/n] following after him.

"Sensei, Zane's... Weird." Kai spoke as [Y/n] latched onto Kai's waist. "What is weird? Someone who is different? Or someone who is different than you?" Sensei Wu asked the trio. "No Sensei, he's weird-weird." Cole said as he began to recall rather strange encounters with Zane. Kai took this opportunity to bend down and pick up [Y/n], who was desperately craving for Kai's attention. [Y/n] wrapped one arm around Kai's neck and their legs around his torso, they then laid their head on Kai's shoulder. "Kai, I drew a picture for you." [Y/n] whispered holding their drawing out for Kai to see.

"Aw. For me? It's awesome. I'll take it and put it by my bedside so I'll never lose it, okay?" Kai complemented, whispering back to the child. "Okay." [Y/n] giggled softly, as Kai lifted up a hand to gently pinch their chubby cheeks. [Y/n] and Kai soon turned their attention back towards the previous conversation. Jay was now talking about his weird experience with Zane. Jay said that he was watching a sad movie with Nya and Zane. During the movie Nya and Jay were crying but Zane ended up laughing through it. It was now Kai's turn, he said he woke up in the middle of the night to grab a midnight snack and opened the refrigerator door and saw Zane sitting inside eating a sandwich.

They all then turned to see Zane standing in front of a training dummy as he bowed to it, accidentally hitting his head. "We like the guy. He's really smart, he's just... A little off sometimes." Kai said, sighing near the end of his sentence. "Zane is a brother, and brothers are often different... I should know." Sensei Wu trailed off near the end. A loud gong sound was then heard near the monasteries gates, signaling mail was here. "Mail!" All of the Ninja's yelled out at the same time. Kai gently placed [Y/n] down before following his brothers to the gates.

The mailman sighed and began to look through the mail for the Ninja's. "Let's see." The mailman reached into his bag and began looking around for their mail. "A letter from Jay's parents." Jay took his mail. "Kai has a fan letter." Kai took that piece of mail. "Oh? Something from Cole's father." Cole reached for his mail. "What no package? I'm expecting something from Creatures Beasts And Beyond." Cole told the mailman. "No, nothing from uh... Ah! Oh! Here it is." The mailman found Cole's package. "Hah! Rocky's gonna love this!" Cole exclaimed. "Oh! And Young [Prince/Princess/Highness], this is a letter from Lady Mei Ling." Kai walked up to the mailman and grabbed the letter from him.