08

(Quick question: Would you guys like a Valentine's special chapter?

If so, I'm open to suggestions on what you'd like to see in the Valentine's special, for example; ship dynamics, angst, smut, specific scenes you'd like to see, anything!)
_______________

"First, I'll stomp on his tail! Then when he turns, a thunder-clap to his ear! And then when he's stunned I'll disarm him!" Lloyd confidently stated as Sensei Wu entered the dining room, walking behind the boy, Kai had his eyebrow slightly raised in amusement.

"Too late! He's already hypnotized you and now you're under his control!" Cole spoke up almost immediately after Lloyd was finished. "Or he's already put you in a squeeze." Zane added on as he clenched his fist for demonstration.

"Or spit on you with his hallucinatory venom." Kai said as he wiggled his fingers, "trust me, bad stuff." Kai shook his head.

"Ugh. Uncle, what's the best way to stun a serpentine if you don't know what kind they are?" Lloyd groaned before asking Sensei Wu for answers, Sensei Wu let out a soft sigh as he sat down. "Sadly it was the sacred flute you four carried and lost."

"N-No, no, no! We didn't lose it, Pythor stole it!" Jay quickly responded, trying to defend himself and the others. "Whatever the case." Sensei Wu said as he poured himself a cup of warm tea, "without it I fear we have nothing to combat their powers. We may have prevented them from uniting in past but they will try again, and one day they will be stronger." Sensei Wu explained.

"Don't worry Sensei, I've almost reached my full potential and when I become the Green Ninja we're not gonna need any magic flute!" Cole declared with a confident tone of voice and a look of determination in his dark brown eyes.

"You're gonna be the Green Ninja?!" Kai asked with his eyebrow raised before laughing sarcastically, "don't make me laugh." Kai quickly composed himself as he pointed at Cole.

"I thought it was decided that I was destined to become the Green Ninja?" Zane asked as he held a hand up to his chest, Jay chuckled in response. "Oh, Well the only thing decided about you Zane is that you're weird!" Jay stated.

The four ninja then began to argue with each other.

"Hey Uncle, where's [Y/n]?" Lloyd asked Sensei Wu about his best friends whereabouts. "The young (Prince/Princess/Highness) went back to the [L/n] Estate." Sensei Wu answered, gaining Kai's immediate attention.

"What?! You let [Y/n] go back there?! Why?!" Kai began to question Sensei Wu, obviously very pissed off about the news. "Calm yourself. [Y/n] isn't alone, Mei Ling is there with them, she's promised to ensure their safety as they visits." Sensei Wu explained to Kai.

"Bullshit! Where is this [L/n] Estate? I'm going down there myself!" Kai angerly stated. "Kai, dude, we know you care about [Y/n] but you gotta calm down." Jay said.

"[Y/n] is only there to gather their personal belongings, they'll return to the bounty very soon! Now no more arguing about this matter." Sensei Wu firmly responded to Kai.

Kai angerly huffed, mumbling curses under his breath as he sat back down in his seat.

Lloyd wanted to try and calm the tension so he stood up from his seat, "What's in the box?" He asked as he walked to stand beside Sensei Wu.

"You're new uniforms." Sensei Wu announced as he opened the box, three out of four ninja quickly grabbed their new suits in excitement, Kai still pouting in anger. "Aw~ Nothing for me?" Lloyd asked, feeling slightly left out and disappointed. "Oh. Um. You get-Uh... T-The box?" Sensei Wu said before a loud alarm began to ring out across the bounty.

_______________

[L/n] Estate

[Y/n] was currently sat inside of their bedroom, a decently sized luggage bag on their bed. They had filled it with their clothes and different items they felt an attachment to, such as the hairpin that Lloyd had gifted them.

Mei Ling knocked on [Y/n's] bedroom door before she slid it open, "Hun? Before we leave you're father wishes to speak to you in the main hall."

[Y/n] slightly twitched at this, they were still deathly afraid of their father, they wished Kai was here to hold their hand. "Okay." They meekly spoke, nodding their head as they zipped up their luggage bag and dragged it off of their bed.

Mei Ling walked into the bedroom and grabbed [Y/n's] luggage bag, "Go. I'll take care of this." [Y/n] nodded their head in acknowledgement before they left their bedroom and walked towards the main hall of the estate.

[Y/n] pushed open the doors to the main hall, they entered the room and they immediately lowered their head, too afraid to look their father in the eyes.

"Sit."

[Y/n] immediately did as told and they sat on their knees, "Is this what you wanted? No matter, even if you are Wu's responsibility now, you'll always be chained to me. We share the same blood, I own you, never forget that." [F/n] firmly spoke, his lilac coloured eyes glaring down at [Y/n], if looks could only kill.

"Y-Yes Papa." [Y/n] meekly whispered out. "Do you want to know why I did what I did to you? You're a disappointment, you're too kind, too soft hearted, too weak, too gentle, you're unfit to take over this Clan someday." [F/n] spat out, his fists clenching, itching to discipline [Y/n], to make them cower in fear.

"I-I'm s-sorry..." [Y/n] whimpered out, little tears filling up their eyes as they listened to their father's hurtful words. "Pathetic. Don't whimper and cry in front of me! Stop that before I make you!" [F/n] snapped, slamming his fist onto the floor beside him.

[Y/n] flinched when they heard their father slam his fist down. They tried desperately to hold in their tears but the fear was too much, they were scared, they wanted Kai, they wanted Kai to hold them and whisper sweets and comforting words to them.

Upon seeing that [Y/n] wasn't going to stop shaking and crying [F/n] grabbed his tea cup and threw it at his child. The small cup hitting [Y/n's] head, the warm tea splashing on their hair and dripping down their face.

"Get them out of here!" [F/n] ordered, one of his men grabbed [Y/n's] arm and pulled them out of the main hall and out to the courtyard where Mei Ling was waiting.

When Mei Ling saw the state her precious little (nephew/niece/nibling) was in she became infuriated, but she had a plan, a plan that she couldn't act on just yet. Mei Ling quickly walked up to [Y/n] and picked them up into her arms, she pet their hair as she whispered comforting words into their ear, attempting to calm the young child down.

_____________

Mei Ling brought [Y/n] back to the bounty, her and Nya helped unpack their luggage together as they ate a small plate of dumplings that Nya had made them when they arrived back.

[Y/n] sat on Kai's lap out on the deck, the wind blowing their hair around slightly. [Y/n] grabbed another dumpling and held it out for Kai, he leaned down slightly and ate the dumpling from [Y/n's] hand, making the young child giggle.

A pair of footsteps were soon heard, "Kai, may I speak with you?" Mei Ling asked. Kai nodded his head and [Y/n] climbed off of his lap, running across the deck and towards the kitchen for more dumplings.

"[Y/n], I'm sure you must know a lot about them, they talked to me a lot about you. [Y/n] trusts you, they finds comfort in your presence, craving your attention and touch. [Y/n] has always had trouble making friends, often bullied for the way they look since there isn't as many traditional clans left in Ninjago. [Y/n]... they're very gentle and kind, a lover not a fighter... What I'm trying to say is that I want you to continue to be there for them. Protect them, make sure they never lose that part of themself, we need more people like them." Mei Ling solemnly told Kai, making him promise to watch over and protect your innocent nature.

Kai was taken aback by Mei Ling's words, he could tell this woman truly loved and cared about [Y/n] as her own child. "I was going to do that anyways, just like you, I also greatly care about that gentle side of [Y/n]. I promise, I'll protect them, nothing will ever harm them again as long as I'm here." Kai firmly responded to Mei Ling.

"Thank you."