Well somebody didn't hold the no firearms rule in

Quackity was one of Tommy's first friends. Before Ranboo or Tubbo. He remembered this one time, where the two of them were huddled up in a big blanket in a box for a whole night, giggling and laughing while playing uno with a flashlight.

 The Ikea employees weren't very happy to find a 7-year-old and an 11-year-old inside one of their shipments in the morning after they had both fell asleep from hiding for so long. 

Quackity grew up though and by the age of 15 joined some sort of group which gave him money every time he simply walked into an ally and gave some people stuff. But Tommy was fairly sure that not a single member of the group knew that he wasn't over 18. 

Meet-ups became less frequent and after around a year or so they only hung out every now and then. 

At thirteen he found his first phone which actually functioned and got Quackity's number very quickly.

All Tommy felt was the feeling of a scratchy blanket, a couch cushion and humid air pilling around him. 

He practically yanked himself upright, his body arching slightly as a feeling of pain jabbed across his back. A rather pleasant reminder of the wound which should have killed him.

His grubby hands reached over and felt bandages covering where the pain was erupting from in little spasms. 

"Finally! You woke up. Took you long enough Thomás.", Quackity strode up in a pair of suspenders, white button up shirt and black dress pants. An odd outfit choice in Tommy's view. Though who was he to judge.

"Yeah, thanks for coming so fast. I really thought my life would be over when he knocked me into that wall. A real bitch move up him to play, honestly.", Tommy's lips were chapped and he slowly all his senses came back to him.

First his vision cleared from the previously smudged line of sight he had.

Then the itch over on the top of his head became crudely known.

After that the faint sound of club music could be heard. 

Parched lips and the feeling of every breath to shake his body grounded him back down onto the couch where he was now sitting on and lastly the smell of expensive cologne, cigarette smoke and alcohol flew around him. Something Quackity started carrying around him after he joined his little group.

He let off a hollow laugh, "Don't die out on me yet Tom.".

"Don't worry Big Q. I'm going to live for like another...70 years. You can't get rid of me with a simple scratch and kick to the gut." 

Quackity visibly tensed at the mention of the wounds which he sported, "Yeah. Though I must say, the damage he did to you is a little serious."

"What do you mean, Q?" 

"The back wound just gave you a little scar, though nothing too bad. But I did see some more scratches around your arms and legs, even one by your stomach.", a concerned look flicked his way as the older man stood up and gave him a glass of water. 

"Oh no I don't...like nobody...it's not like I'm...I just...", his words stumbled into nothingness. How could he explain his epic battle wounds without saying they were epic battle wounds.

"Tom, it's fine. Just give me a call if anything's wrong. Alright?", he'd only ever seen his friend this concerned since he saw Tommy almost set a school bathroom ablaze with a match. 

Before he could even retort, somebody burst into the room, "Duck, we got a very large problem!"

He turned to the voice, being met with a pair of grey eyes. Taking in the looks of the person he stared at the baggy, ripped jeans, platform Dr. Martins, large orange glasses and prudent looking sweater with bright sunflowers on them. They did truly look like a child's drawing.

"Oh! You must be Thomás!", the person greeted, dangling mushroom earrings chiming as she walked over with an outheld hand.

Carefully, he shook it. Noting that a singular ruby red ring lay on their left hand.

"I prefer Tommy. And you must be...", he raked his mind for the round face which stared into his.

A laugh toned in from behind him, Quackity saying, "Don't even try figuring out her name. Part of her little magic thing is messing with people's heads. Not even I know it. And I'm the one who's been working with her for the past 2 years."

His confused look must've said everything because soon after she swatted at Big Q's head, "Shut! There's a reason I don't tell everybody my name. Either way, half of the lot won't be able to say it, while the other half won't be able to spell it."

"Yeah, yeah. You're just making up excuses for yourself, so nobody needs to have the pain of taking your Starbucks order.", he rushed on with his words, "Either way, what where you going to tell me?"

"What I was going to tell you, is that somebody just pulled out a gun and when I tried my amazing magic on them, it didn't work.", she seemed frustrated and the blue jay wings behind her ruffled lightly, a preened, blue and white feather slipping out of the corvids neatly.

"What? 'Writer' doesn't work on them?"

"Yeah! It's like they're immune or something. They're like 5 foot something tall and have shoulder length brown hair. You'll probably find them immediately.", the two of them made their way to the door, but Quackity whirled around quickly.

"Uhm...you can go help yourself to the fridge if you want. Go ahead and leave whenever you want since I probably won't be back for another few hours."

Tommy still sat on the couch with Clementine, who was sleeping on his lap in a curled-up ball.

"Alright, Big Q. Thanks for the help." 

"No problem. Tell Tubbo I said hi."

And then the two of them left, the door slamming closed to the apartment with a strange gust of wind by the finger of the blue jay girl.

Leaving him all alone, Tommy drew in a short breath.

This was going to be a long walk back to where he slept.

____________

A/N

I'm pretty happy with how I wrote this. The first 300-ish words were a little forced, though the rest flew by smoothly. I'm already excited for how I'm going to write the ending (but that's another series of chapters away). Anyway, I'm so happy for spirit week since there's a time-travel day and I bought this massive 1791's ballgown dress for it. 

Thanks for 5k y'all. Hopefully one day I'll make it to 10k where @ThatNegativeShipper is stuck giving me chocolate :D 

Bye bye my little biscuits!

-Po <333