Chapter 25

Lies Unravel

Three days came and went and Roxy and I were still puzzling about how we were going to determine the writer of the second letter. But that day I had more serious matters to worry about, matters that were going to determine my future and change my life; today was the day that the truth would arrive. Typed on crisp white paper in the tightly sealed envelope. The post arrived at one thirty seven pm; I heard it being shoved through the letterbox and the crash as it landed on the floor. I listened as footsteps walked to the front door, paused for a second then turned and walked away. They had it. The truth was out. After that I waited nervously for the knock at my door and sure enough it came. Interrupting Megan, Luke and I's game of Cluedo, Lisa walked in letter in hand and ordered them out. I sighed and pulled myself up on to the bed as she sat down in my chair across the room.

"Leah...." She started dragging my name out in her sympathetic tone.

Fuck off!

"I know what that is, you don't have to tell me." I told her, slowly watching my defences rise higher.

"Why didn't you tell us? We are here to support you!" She said.

I rolled my eyes; it was the same line every time. I stayed silent.

"We didn't know it had got so bad."

"I'm fine!" Guard locked in place.

"No, you're not. And because of the seriousness of the, the issues you're having you have another session tomorrow, ten thirty." She rose from her seat and added, "And I'll be there with you!"

She looked me over and then left. I stomped over to the door and slammed it shut in frustration. For the rest of that day I stayed up in my room reading magazines, experimenting hairstyles and painting each of my nails a different colour. The only thing that continuously spoiled it was the fact that I was being watched like a hawk. Every half hour on the dot, Lisa who open my door look at me, smile and the shut it again. At ten past six, there was a knock at the door. After no response to my shouts of 'come in' and 'hello' I got up and opened it. Standing there was Lisa with a triumphant smile on her face and I was consequently escorted down to dinner like a convicted criminal. After a painfully long meal time I darted off back to my room and barricaded the door shut so I could be left alone. That night passed like any other, tossing and turning, thoughts rushing around at a thousand miles an hour, the clock striking midnight and then the sun rose. Another night over. That morning I picked up my exercise regime again and jogged through the woods, far away from the Gash camp, the clearing, I went in deeper away from my home territory. I ended up joining a gravel path which led me right round to the bottom of Oakley's drive. I ran back up to the house and jumped straight into the shower. As I reappeared in bedroom, hair dripping wet, I was met by Luke and Lisa who were sitting at the end of my bed. She started to say how she didn't want to police me if it was nessacary she would but I didn't hear the rest of it as I turned on my hair dryer and started to blow away the curls. My hair was half dry when all of a sudden the power cut and the hair dryer faltered. I spun around and saw Lisa standing behind me plug in hand. She bitterly reminded me that we had to leave to be at my appointment for half ten and then she forcefully flung the plug down and sat back down on my bed. Fierce glares were exchanged before I realised that no matter what I did, she was never going to leave, so I reattached the hairdryer to the wall and continued to dry my hair which took us to ten o'clock.