14. Imagine - Panic attack

[ Interesting Fact ] — Interview

If Levi were to have a panic attack he'd need someone to reassure him that everything would be alright.

"Captain?" you knock on the door to Levi's office and wait patiently for a few seconds

No answer.

It has been a week since you were on the 57th expedition and everyone was still very down. The Female Titan wiped out many soldiers including the Levi suqad, and until now no one knew who the traitor could be. Fear, sadness and a sense of betrayal drifted within everyone, and while all somehow showed it, Captain Levi was the only one who didn't seem to care.

Or rather, that's what everyone thinks.

You've known him since he and his friends were brought from the underground, and you knew that he felt deeply and cared for each of his soldiers – even for those he didn't know. After Isabel and Farlan died, Petra and the others were his only family. And now, again, he has lost them all. Almost. You were still alive and wanted to be there for him, but according to Erwin, Levi has drowned himself in work in the last few days.

When there is no answer from him, you carefully open his door, enter the room, and gasp when you see Levi sitting on the floor near the door while he clutches his chest tightly.

"Levi!" You quickly rush to him and kneel down. He breathes heavily and unevenly, his hands tremble, and a trail of sweat runs along his pale forehead. "Hey....hey, shh, everything is okay." you try to take him in your arms, but he shakes his head. "Levi, it's me. Everything's alright." with gentle movements, you pull him against you so he can rest his head on your chest.

Walls, you weren't a couple or anything, but years of close friendship between the two of you has allowed him to lower his guard and trust you completely. These moments were rare. Until now, you had only seen Levi cry once, and hoped that he knew that you always wanted to support him.

"Shh, it's okay. Breathe." you hug him a little closer to you. "In and out. Breathe with me." you murmur and stroke his hair.

You held him in your arms for several hours while you sat on the floor. Your back hurt, but you didn't care. You knew what a burden it was to play humanity's strongest, which is why you always wanted to make sure that he knew – even though it was the first time you saw him have a panick attack, that he had a safe place with you.

"....thank you." he whispers half asleep.

I'm here for you. Now, tomorrow and every day after that.