7. Imagine - Praise

[ Interesting Fact ] Interview

When Levi was small, the reason why he became stronger was because he wanted Kenny to praise him. Then one day, all of a sudden, Kenny disappeared. "Why do I even have power, then?" was the question Levi held onto.

 "Why do I even have power, then?" was the question Levi held onto

"K-kenny

"K-kenny..." Levi coughs as the older man throws another punch into his abdomen.

"Stop whining, will 'ya? You won't survive if you keep being this weak. A nobody ya'll be."

Levi watches as the fat guy raises his leg - ready for kick - while the dark haired serial killer was nothing but disappointed in the skinny boy.

Levi knows that he has to become stronger. He knows that Kenny won't see good in him if he can't win a fight. Just yesterday he lost a fight against three men, who neither had mercy nor any understanding. They beat him like they would beat a grown up. Levi was exhausted, tired and hurt – the bruises from the other day still obvious.

He looks at you, sitting on a small stone with a pitiful expression on your face.

Levi scoffs at that and shakily stands up. The fat guy - apparently hired by Kenny himself - was about to hit another fist into Levi's face, when he suddenly decides to let all his anger and pain out. He takes his knife and rams it into the man's leg. He screams in anger, thrusts his elbow into Levi's chest causing the boy to gasp, and jumps on him.

With his last bit of strength, Levi jumps aside, kicks the man into his throat, pushes him down and stabs him until he stopped moving.

His little face is covered with small drops of blood, his right hand holds the knife tightly and his body is shaking. He looks up at your worried expression as you slowly step closer, but stop, when Kenny comes to a halt inform of Levi first.

With a cold stare, followed by a proud smirk, Kenny pats Levi's head twice and laughs, "You have more strength in you day by day. Good Job, runt." he grabs his whisky bottle and walks into the direction of their little home. "(Y/n)?" He calls out to you with a dirty smirk. "Help the boy clean himself or leave him to bleed, will ya?"

You nod and rush over to Levi after he stood up. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, (y/n)."

You carefully pull him into a safe corner and take out a few bandages. "You're really strong" you murmur while treating his wounds.

"Not strong enough." his eyes are lifeless.

"But Kenny said you did good."

He doesn't answer and instead leans his head on your shoulder.

"I think you did great." you say. "Just because Kenny can't see how good and strong you are doesn't mean you're not good enough. To me, you've always been a good friend. You know how much you mean to me, right?"

He nods. "You are a good friend, too."

"I know I'm not perfect, but thank you for believing in me."