𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃

✍︎

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓞𝓬𝓽𝓸𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓬𝓸𝓵𝓭 but not cold enough that it was sharp like in winter. Apart from my breaths the only other sound I could hear was the stream and the leaves crunching under my feet that had began to fall. 

Before I started running I'd noticed the boys come out and Charlie was sat in the boat Infront of Cameron, an annoyed looked etched permanently on his face. His eyes met mine and he winked at me, a small smirk visible on his face. I shook my head, taking off down the path by the lake.

I had been running for fifty minutes and all I could think about was how unfit I was. Okay fifty minutes is a bit of a stretch. I ran for like 15 and then stopped and sat down for half an hour and then started running again.

I stopped for a minute leaning over with my hands on my knees before I stood up shaking my head

'No Soph, if you stop again you'll give up' I thought. I started running again and went towards the woods.

My mind wandered to the conversation I'd had with Hager yesterday. He asked me to stay back after class and told me that the educational board had called and asked for my school records to be sent to them and that my chances of a scholarship had just risen.

What would happen if I got the scholarship. What would father say, how would Neil feel? Would father reprimand Neil for not getting a scholarship.

Would I even take the scholarship. I hadn't ever thought about colleges before, and I knew father wanted me to go to an Ivy League. But Is that what I wanted? Would father care about what I wanted?

Would Neil hate me?. Neil and I never fought, sure we bickered back and forth but we never actually fell out. Would this ruin our relationship?

Did Neil hate me now? He never really said anything about how father treated us different but I suppose I never really asked. I have to ask him.

One thought continued to cross my mind, one I wouldn't listen to until now.

'Was Charlie going to kiss me earlier? Did he want to kiss me? Did I want him to kiss me?' I scoffed out loud surprising myself 'of course I wanted him to kiss me'

Was I stupid for wanting that? I mean it could ruin our friendship.

I've always liked Charlie, but the past year has been different. I gravitate towards him wherever I am.

He's safe, he's familiar, he's like home. I shouldn't have been feeling these things but it was getting harder and harder to push them away

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't love how he would just barge into my room. How his hand would find its way to my back when he walked beside me. He was an addiction I didn't know how to shake, like I couldn't live until he was around.

   But how does someone feel all these for their best friend. I don't feel this way for Meeks, Pitts, Cameron, Todd or Knox. It was like whenever Charlie was around all my problems melted away. Lately it felt like everything in my life was surrounded by water and i was barley floating. But when I saw Charlie  all of that disappeared and when he looked at me...

     I shook my head, trying to get rid of those thoughts as I made my way down a small hill that came back to the school. I looked at the big clock up on the wall. I had been gone for an hour and a half.

    Stick and Russell were fencing at the edge of the forest. I ran by them saying hi before exiting out the side of the woods. Most of the boys were out playing football and some were fencing off to the side.