CHAPTER 20 : "We're done, Alessandro."

CHAPTER 20

ARIANA D'ANGELO

The next day when I woke up, Aless was no where in the room. I called him but no answer, thinking he was gone I got up from the bed making my way towards the washroom. After cleaning myself when I walked downstairs in search of Charlotte but there was no Charlotte, instead Aless was in the kitchen, wearing a light pink tee and grey sweatpants. And he was cooking?

"Aless?" I asked in confusion.

He turned around to look at me and closed the gas stove. "Good Morning."

"Morning. Why are you here? Where's Charlotte?"

"She is taking the morning off." He replied.

"Is she really?" I asked, raising my brows.

He cleared his throat, again fidgeting with the ring in his finger. "W-Why do you think I would lie?"

I sighed and made my way towards the stool. Sitting on it I picked up a strawberry and stuffed it in my mouth, "How would I know, you tell me?"

I licked my lips.

He smiled "Don't do it." Again he turned back and served the breakfast on a plate, placing it in front of me. He poured two cups of coffee and took a seat beside me.

I took a bite on the french toast and a sip of the coffee.

"How's it?"

I nodded lightly "Good. You are a good cook. I didn't know mafia boss's can cook too."

He chuckled lightly.

We continued eating when my phone vibrated, I picked it up, it was a text from Nick.

'There's something important about Sebastian Sir's death, you need to know.'

"What is it?" Aless asked.

I shook my head "Don't know. Nick said he has some important news for me."

"Who's the new target?"

I rolled my eyes "It's about Seb's death."

He stopped eating and placed the toast back on the plate "What about his death?"

I shrugged "I don't know. He just said it's important, maybe some clue about the person who killed him or how he killed him."

"W-What do you mean, how? He was shot in his chest... six bullets."

And that made me stop.

I placed the coffee cup down and turned my attention towards him "How do you know he was shot?"

For a minute or two he was completely silent.

"How do you know Aless he was shot? Nobody knows about it, maybe the officers only. According to what I have checked there was no description in any channel of how he died."

He looked away from me "H-Have you f-forgotten I am Alessandro D'Angelo, nobody says no to me. I-I enquired the detectives, they told me." and with that he started playing with his finger ring again.

Weird. Super weird.

Why is he acting weird?

"Y-You should go. He must have something important for you." he spoke without sparing me a single glance. Then got down from the stool making his way upstairs.

While sipping coffee, my mind didn't stop thinking. All the recent events flooded in my head, Seb dying, Aless acting weird.

When I went to ADA to tell Aless about the news, he didn't look surprised at all. It was like he was expecting this or he knew about it.