CHAPTER 37 : Broken Promises.

CHAPTER 37

ARIANA LINCOLN

And for the first time I saw something in those pairs of hazel orbs... fear. Yes it was fear. He was afraid. He was scared.

Still he tried to keep a straight face.

Ian called him again asking Aless to pick him up in his arms "Dad."

Aless didn't show any movement, his eyes remained on me, shaking his head once with jaw clenched.

"Dad?" The man repeated. "Did he just call you Dad?"

Fuck!

Aless's eyes were fixed on me.

I shook my head, crying a mess muttering 'I'm sorry'.

"That is your kid? Jesus Christ! When did you have a child?"

Aless did not utter a word.

"Come on, I am really excited to know this. Is it that girl? Ariana Lincoln?" The man laughed.

Aless's jaw clenched.

I know why he is angry, he wanted to face this situation alone but they saw Ian and they aren't leaving him. And Aless is scared for Ian.

Aless is scared... something hard to believe but at this point he is... Because these people in front of him are dangerous.

"It was nice meeting you kid." Saying he raised his gun pointing it towards Ian.

My eyes widened. No.

They both are my life... I can't just let them die.

I ran to them pushing aside all the men holding guns, I could feel every eyes on me. I knew what I was doing, I knew it would create more problems for Aless but it's my son at the gunpoint. My son.

I went and picked Ian up in my arms.

He hid his face in the crook of my neck and spoke in a low voice "Mommy."

I kissed his head "It's okay baby, Mommy is here."

"I'm scared."

I kept caressing my hands over his head "I am here, no one's gonna hurt you."

"Want me to correct you?" My back was turned to those men. I looked at Aless to see him standing still but he was angry. Really angry but was trying to remain calm.

"We are gonna hurt him. No, not just him since we have the whole family of Alessandro how about I kill both of you."

Ian's hold on me tightened, it felt like if he could hide himself in my arms he would do it.

"They're lying. They won't hurt us." I whispered.

I could feel him crying.

"Shh..." I made him look at me, wiping his tears I placed a light kiss on his cheek "You trust Dad, right?"

He once looked at Aless then nodded.

"He wouldn't let anyone hurt you, he is like batman. He'll protect you."

Ian smiled "Like batman."

I nodded.

It was the only way to calm him. I couldn't think of anything else.

"Close his eyes." Aless ordered.

I looked at him to see his face having a dead serious look.

I followed his order and closed Ian's eyes with my hand.