CHAPTER 40 : Broken

CHAPTER 40

ARIANA LINCOLN

"Mommy, do you know today the teacher commented that I am cute." Ian spoke.

I was in the living room couch with Ian, he was continuously saying something or the other while I was staring at the tv blankly.

It's been hours since Aless left. He hasn't returned yet.

I never wanted him to choose any one between the mafia and me but I don't want Ian to suffer because his Mom and Dad are immature.

To avoid this, Aless chose to give the mafia.

I know what the mafia means to him, I never wanted this but I don't know what's going on right now. My whole head is just fucked up.

I was listening to Ian, but not exactly listening but thinking about Aless.

At the same time a news flashed on the tv.

According to recent sources, it is found that Antonio D'Angelo has passed away.

My heart stopped at that moment.

What? Antonio?

No this is not possible.

How can it be?

He was found dead in a cafe, he was shot in his chest. After senior detective Sebastian Smith, Underworld mafia Marco Rossi and businessman Cielo I think the target is the D'Angelo's now? Everyone's eyes are on Alessandro D'Angelo. We don't have any information about the killer. The detectives are unable to answer any questions.

I stood up from the couch.

No. H-How?

"This is not possible." A voice came from behind.

I turned back to see Charlotte standing behind me. The expression on her face clearly showed she heard the news.

"A-Antonio?" She stuttered.

I picked up my phone to call Aless wishing the news to be untrue. Wishing it be a part of Aless's plan.

He didn't pick up.

I tried again and again but he wouldn't pick up.

I tried calling Diego but he too wasn't answering.

Please tell me this is not true. Please tell me Antonio is alive.

I went to Charlotte and said "Can you please stay the night? I n-need to go to the mansion."

She nodded.

I ran to Ian and kissed his cheeks "Baby, Charlotte will be there for the night with you."

"But Mommy, where you going?"

I can't tell you, baby. I can't.

I kissed his forehead "Dad needs me baby. He is sad."

"Why is Dad sad?"

"He is really sick, so Mommy has to be with him."

His eyes held a worried look.

"So, will you please stay with Charlotte for the night?"

He nodded "But Mommy, take care of Dad."

I will.

I asked Lorenzo to take me to the mansion. My hands were shaky and cold, my heart was beating so rapidly that it would pop out any moment.

I was just wishing it to be some plan. I'll just go to the mansion and see Antonio alive.

Tears were already rolling down my cheeks.