65

"All set?", Jungkook asked and you nodded taking the boxes and setting them on the backseat of the car.

It was a silent, comforting ride to the sea side.

"Do you think they'll come?", Jungkook asked you skeptically.

You shrugged, "They didn't come last year, so probably they won't come this time too. It's just I feel good, baking cakes for them on their birthday and coming here to celebrate, feels nice and intimate."

Jungkook nodded and took your hand as you both sat on your designated boulders. Both of your hearts aching dully when one boulder at the end was empty.

Not to say out loud but both of you wanted Seokjin to come out of nowhere and crack lame jokes to your faces.

But that wouldn't happen.

The two of you never talked about him, it was like an unsaid rule that was being followed. Maybe it was best because neither of you knew where and how Seokjin was.

"It's always feels nice to sit here and do nothing.", Jungkook said and you hummed.

"Let's take out the cakes and light the candles.", you said getting up and pulled Jungkook along with you.

"It's sad that they won't know how good these dishes taste.", you said looking at the pile of dishes that Jungkook had prepared.

"I know right. Same for your cakes and all these bakeries.", Jungkook added, "But honestly, it never feels like waste of effort, whether they eat or not, it's satisfying."

You placed the cakes side by side and mounted the candles.

"Kook, light the candles on Tae's birthday cake, I'll it do for Joshua's."

After decorating the cake and plating all the dishes, you both sat in silence, waiting for the Gods to appear.

Sometime later as the candles were about to blow out Jungkook said, "They won't come, it seems."

Dejected, you nodded leaning on your boyfriend's arm.

"I'm sleepy Kook."

"So am I."

"We should go then, let them sleep."

You both froze hearing a very familiar voice coming from behind.

In reflex, you looked at Jungkook, who was already wide eyed looking back at you.

"Where are our gifts?", this time another familiar voice came from the front.

You stood up gulping nervously, walking upto the silhouette and finally touching him when in your vicinity, "You really came."

"We had to.", said Joshua patting your head affectionately.

"So shall we get started?", came Taehyung's voice and you turned around in a flash and ran to him.

You tugged at his sleeve like a kid, eyes brimming with tears, chin quivering. Taehyung immediately engulfed you into his embrace and you felt every ounce of discomfort leaving you.

"Please let's stay like this for sometime.", you mumbled against his chest.

After all meets, greets and tears, you both wished the Gods and they proceeded with cake cutting.

"Ugh I missed this.", Joshua groaned as he ate anything and everything that caught his sight.

"You both have to finish this all.", Jungkook said, "Everything here is for you both."

"Say no more!", said Taehyung.

"By the way, when's the wedding?", Joshua asked gulping down a bottle of juice.