Chapter 4

I lick my bottom lip as the butterflies erupt in my stomach

I lick my bottom lip as the butterflies erupt in my stomach. This is the feeling I have been waiting for. His eyes dance with the same excitement as mine as he chews on the bottom of his pen in a flirty way.

"Parker," someone calls but I ignore them as my eyes move from his full lips innocently nibbling the pen to his eyes which are watching me intently as I bite softly on my lower lip attempting to seduce him.

"Parker," the person calls again as he smirks in my direction then looks back down at his notebook open in front of him.

"Fuck Parker," the person snaps and I look forward to see Maya waving her hand in front of my face trying to get my attention.

"Huh, sorry what did you say lovie?"

"What are you looking at?" She asks while turning around to try and figure out what distracted me. When she sees him quickly look up at me then look back down just as quickly with a smile playing on his lips, she lets out a tired sigh.

"It wasn't even two weeks ago that you announced your dating sabbatical."

"Says the girl who said she was raising her standards for one night stands over the weekend and then came home the next day doing the walk of shame."

"I did raise my standards! He is the president of his frat, an engineer, he opened my beer for me, he went down on me, and he drove me home the next day."

"Do they... do they usually not go down on you? Maya lovie..."

"This isn't about me, stop changing the subject," she huffs.

"Sorry, sorry, what were you saying?"

"I was asking if you're nervous for this weekend while you were spaced out."

"Oh, not really. My routine did good last time and I have cleaned it up a ton since then."

"Least you and Luna are chill, Fran is an absolute mess. I don't get why she is always changing routines, no one else does that."

I shake my head thinking about our tired and overworked roommate, the one who deserves success in this sport more than anyone else I know. "She is proving a point. We all have coaches that are famous all on their own in the figure skating community, she is coachless. Every time she steps on the ice she has a chance to showcase herself so hopefully come graduation someone is willing to take a chance on her."

"But why constantly change?"

"She can constantly show new skills and her versatility, as well as her ability to quickly learn and adapt. I think she is insane for it but Fran was never one for going with the status quo, ever since she stepped on the scene she's been shaking things up and this is no different."

"Do you think she will get a coach when she's no longer skating for Michigan?"

"I think she will have her own choice of a lot of really amazing coaches, but if she doesn't trust that me and Luna have devised a plan. No one deserves a run at an Olympic team spot more than she does."