Chapter 7

When Ryder steps in front of me, effectively cutting me off from Parker, I snap back to reality

When I saw that stupid prick kiss him and the way he scrunched up his face in slightly disgust, I nearly went over and put Quentin on his ass. But then to add insult to injury Parker began snuggling up to him, rubbing against him like a cat.

It made me sick and I'll admit I took a few shots with Maddie that definitely made this entire situation worse.

When they stepped up to the table I evoked the rule rarely ever used. It is a dickhead move and basically reserved solely to be a cockblock and steal someone's girl... or in my case boy. I think I have only ever seen it used once before and just like this time it got a pretty nasty reaction. In fairness I didn't even use the rule right, I should have stolen Parker as my partner.

Ryder pushes me into the kitchen with ease considering he's taller, more muscular, and way more sober than I am.

"What in the fucking hell did I just walk into?" He asks in utter confusion. I am the easy go lucky one of our trio. Even when I get hit on the ice I just bounce up and smile while my teammates go feral for touching their goalie.

"I-...," I have no words so I just sigh. All my anger and fight is gone but I can see Parker talking a mile a minute to Beck looking madder than I have ever seen anymore. I have quickly and effectively ruined any chance I could have ever possibly had with him tonight.

"Go up to my room immediately. I am going to get Beck and her friends out of here and then we will be discussing your bullshit. Now go," Ryder orders in his authoritative captain voice.

I don't argue with him and instead just drag myself to the third floor where I am banished to. By the time I get to Ryders room I feel so fucking stupid. What was I thinking?

I pace his room for a bit, then begin anxiously cleaning up after him. Once I have cleaned off a spot to sit I open the foreign fuckers gamers discord I have with my friends.

Me: Someone fly to Michigan and take me out, please and thanks in advance.

Waylen: Like on a date orrrr

Yuki: If it isn't a date lmk. I think I know a guy in Canada who could meet you halfway and help

Amina: Yuki I once again ask you to please prove you don't drive a very expensive race car as part of your day job.

I flop on Ryder's bed as the same discussion kicks up again about how Yuki always travels and won't actually tell us what his job really is. We have decided he is either the Formula One driver of the same name (by the way very unlikely considering he once gamed with us like 5 minutes after an F1 race), or some type of high up Japanese government official.

I shut my eyes for a moment. The lightness of alcohol and buzz of being so close to Parker and speaking to him finally begin to fade. Instead I feel like the bed is just slightly rocking.