Chapter 23

Chapter 23: Your fear and theirs

   When Jonas was searching for different things on the internet, since he was in Gotham City, one of the most dangerous places on Earth–  it was important for him to search for the city's villains and rogues.

The people of Gotham City would never know when or where you would encounter them. But he thought that it was a necessity if he wanted to live in Gotham City. His top most searched topic about a Gotham Rogue on the internet was the villain scarecrow. Followed by Gotham city's crazy clown joker.

As a being who served his fear gods and whose life he was indebted to, the Villain Scarecrow has piqued his interest very much compared to the other villains.

Those amazing chemicals that the villain Scarecrow employs as his weapons such as his fear drugs through injection or the fear gas. Just the thought of those things makes Jonas shudder. (not in fear but excitement).

It was out of his expectations that he would experience himself what it was like to be done in fear gas today. A normal movie would turn out for the villain scarecrow as his plot against the Gotham Vigilantes.

How lovely.

His vision is now starting to get hazy and being replaced by a different scene. The panic scream of his classmates and the other people throughout the cinema was now being replaced with another.

Jonas was now starting to feel his heartbeat getting faster and faster and Jonas wasn't aware of himself anymore.

------------------

  On a very wide and expensive table, there was a cake with 4 candles.

    " Happy birthday Jonas. Here's the cake with your favorite flavor. "

  " Chocolate Truffle Cake? "

  Jonas's mom smiles at her son fondly.

  " Yes, dear. "

Jonas's father then asked his son.

    " What do you wish for your birthday? "

    " It's a secret. "

    { I wish you would spend more time with me. }

---

Jonas doesn't want to trouble his parents about his bullies at school. They were already troubled by their work.

His Dad has told him that they used to have a company but because of his Grandfather they lost it and accumulated a lot of debt.

It was thanks to his father's hard work that the Cane family's status doesn't go down the drain. Jonas's father was afraid that if he stopped working, he would go back once again to being ridiculed by the other Gotham elite. Just like what happened when he was a kid.

That was what his father told him.

" Jonas you need to work hard and don't grow complacent. You wouldn't know what would happen with your life. Your luxury and riches could disappear the moment you indulge in them. "

Jonas decided to don't bother his father and mother anymore.

Seeing them working hard for their family, he would try to be their perfect child and solve his problems on his own.

--

Jonas was 10 years old when he became the top dog of Gotham Elementary. There was no one to bully him anymore. Everyone who dared suffered social humiliation and didn't dare to go to Gotham Elementary.