0.6

❝To hurt is as human as to breathe

To hurt is as human as to breathe.

J.K. ROWLING

0.6 : calm under pressure

OR

season 4, episode 1 : mayhem

(tw: blood)

"OH, MY GOD." FIN'S BRAIN IS REELING, SHE CAN'T BREATHE, SHE MIGHT THROW UP. "OH, MY GOD." All she sees is the explosion in slow motion, curled and burning pieces of metal flying in all directions, and she knows without a doubt one of the team was inside it. Someone is gone. Someone is dead.

Vaguely, she's aware that someone's honking at her, and she glances at her lefthand mirror numbly. She's parked in the middle of the road, stopping traffic. The man in the car behind her is shaking his fist.

Come on, Fin. Remember what you learned. Remember. You can do this. Fin takes a deep breath, grips the steering wheel tightly, and makes a sharp U-turn, eliciting more angry honks from the cars behind her. Piss off, bitches, I'm the freaking government.

She speeds up, all the time cranking the radio dial until she finds a news channel and listening intently. Please please please don't let anyone be hurt, please. It's a dumbass thing to wish for, but she has to do something.

"...The explosion is reported to have been inside a black SUV, in the vicinity of the Federal Plaza," a woman's voice says, far too calmly.

"Who was in the Federal Plaza?" Fin's wracking her brain, trying to figure out who would've been there. Emily was at the hospital, Morgan Homeland Security, JJ at the hotel... Spencer. Where was Spencer?

"We have no word yet on any injuries, but unconfirmed reports say that the explosion was likely caused by a car bomb..."

Fin yanks the wheel hard and pulls into the FBI field office parking lot. There are two SUVs in the parking lot already, meaning at least two people are safe. But which two?

She pushes past two tall male agents coming out of the building, sprints through the lobby, and slams the UP button on the elevator. But it takes longer than thirty seconds, so she gives up. Patience is not her strong suit in times like these.

It's four flights of stairs to where they've been set up, and Fin's incredibly thankful to past Fin for not choosing to wear heels today. As she races up the stairs, she prays over and over that everyone's okay, that it's not one of her team that's hurt-

She bursts through the door and scans the office frantically. Oh, my god. Her heart leaps into her throat. There's Spencer and Rossi, standing there whole and alive. Rossi's on the phone and he says, "I'm here with Reid, but I don't know where anyone else is- Wait, wait-" His eyes land on Fin and immediately relief colors his face. "Fin's here. She's safe. Fin's safe, Garcia."