🪶76 - A Good Person (2)

"The Jungle?"

Choi Han was confused at the unexpected response, but Cale did not respond. He just walked forward and cut through Hoik Village.

Other than the gravestones all around Hoik Village, there was not much of anything else. It was a very quiet village.

"Young master-nim, your umbrella."

Hoik Village, the village that was next to Oorim, the forest where it rained more often than not, also rained quite frequently. Cale used the umbrella given to him by Hans and headed toward the end of the village.

Hans and a couple others followed behind him.

'It's here.'

The Path of No Return. The only entrance into the path appeared in front of Cale's eyes. Maybe it was because of the sprinkling and the cloudy sky, but the path into the forest looked dark and creepy.

'The Path of No Return.'

There was a large slab with those words on it at the entrance.

"Mm."

Choi Han let out a moan.
Cale was observing the scenery in front of the slab.

Even on this rainy day, there were people waiting at the entrance of the Path of No Return while wearing raincoats or just letting the rain hit their skin. These were the people who still had hope for the return of their loved ones.
Cale made eye contact with one of the old men standing there. The old man's eyes suddenly opened wide.

"...Do not go."

The old man said that to Cale before stopping to lean on the slab and looking toward the forest. Cale just quietly watched the old man.

"Young master Cale."

Rosalyn approached and called his name. She looked at the old man, as well as the rest of the people who were waiting at the entrance, with a sad gaze. At that moment, Cale started to move.

"Old man, it is raining. Don't catch a cold."

Cale put his umbrella next to the old man who was just standing in the rain and motioned to Hans.

"Young master-nim?"
"Umbrella."
"What about me?"
"Share with Beacrox."

Beacrox and Hans made eye contact and Beacrox started to frown. Hans kept his mouth shut and handed his umbrella over to Cale. However, Cale did not have a reason to take that umbrella from him.

"We can share mine."

Rosalyn's umbrella started to cover Cale as well.

"Thank you very much. Let's go."

(FF/A :- Someone in the corner is dissatisfied.)

Cale just briefly thanked Rosalyn before turning away from the entrance to the Path of No Return. The rest of Cale's group followed him while the villagers at the entrance observed Cale's group for a bit before looking back toward the forest.

"Hans."
"Yes, young master-nim."
"Go find an inn. Although there are a lot of inns, I'm sure there aren't any really good ones, so just find a decent one."

Hoik Village had a lot of inns compared to its size. However, all of these inns were very shabby since the people coming here to look for their loved ones didn't have much money.

"Just why is it that everybody enters that Oorim?"

Cale sat down in the first-floor restaurant of the inn they picked before he answered Choi Han's question.