三 The Moon

⚠️ART AND IMAGES DO NOT BELONG TO ME⚠️

Start? <-

Load?

Change Character?

Settings?

Preview?

Exit?

Booting Up...

Masami suddenly awoke, gasping for air. Where was she, what was that dream? Then she looked around, of course, it wasn't a dream or a nightmare, it was reality. It had been a week since Masami, Masashi, and their bewitched mother first came inside the grand building of the Eternal Paradise Cult. She still felt the cold hands of Doma when Masami was forced to take the oath and leave her "past" life forever. She looked outside and saw how bright and beautiful the moon was tonight.

'What a shame that I have to see it here in this godforsaken place,' Masami thought, bitterly.

She looked around the chambers she shared with her mother, who was fast asleep for once, her breathing slow and calm. The room wasn't anything special, just two chairs, a table with a jug of water, two beds, one painting and plant, a closet and set of drawers, and carpet covering most of the room. Almost everyone in the cult shared a bathhouse and bathroom, separated by gender. 

Quietly stepping out into the hallway, her bare feet barely making a sound on the hard cold floor. She quickly walked towards her brother's room, he was in another part of the building while Masami was with her mother. A hand suddenly grasped her shoulder, a voice sent unfamiliar chills down her spine.

"What are you doing here, Masami-chan?" Doma, the Upper Rank Two demon and head of the Eternal Paradise Cult, said.

Masami knew she had to think fast, acting was something she was good at but not perfected, "I-I was just going to m-my brother's room. I had an n-nightmare and I was s-scared. Please forgive me for my insolence, Doma-sama!"

Doma flashed his fake smile and spoke, "Dear, you would wake him up and you would both be awake for a while. You poor thing, how about I take you to my chambers and you can calm down before going back to your mother?"

'Shit, this isn't good.' Masami thought, "Oh-h, it's okay Doma-sama. I'm fine, just a bit spooked. I'll go back to my mother now."

"I insist, it is not good to lie, Masami-chan, please remember that," Doma said smoothly.

How could she have been so careless, letting the Doma into his chambers where he would surely eat her! Masami berated herself inside her head. She calmed her breathing, remembering the knife, hidden under her silk kimono's obi on her petite waist.